Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30703 11/02/00 07:42 AM
Z
Zoot Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Ive been reading post to your questions about AC. Your right ... no one seems to share with you the every day life on the Island. My husband and I also wanted to pack up and leave the states and move to AC. however, after 6 years of going to Belize we had changed our minds. Belize is a beautiful country. Its a great vacation. The people are wonderful. The simplicity is relaxing. BUT .... It is not the States. The people who live there are known for a quote " Your in Belize Time". This is not a bad thing but a true phrase. You must be willing to be in "their time". Not what you think "their time is". Don't go there thinking you will change things, you won't. 6 years ago we traveled all of Belize (most popular) for 2 months. Every year thereafter we chose AC to return to. We stay for a month each year. In those months I have seen and heard alot of things. Then the choice was made not to buy and live there. Just vacation. We were fed up too with the States. But after each year spending a month in another country it made me appreciate the States instead of hating it so much. Don't make your decision on a one time vacation or a two day trip. If you have November off .... spend the month there. TAlk to people. Really live there for a month like every one else. Then decide. There are alot of laws in AC/Belize regarding Bank Accounts, wages, ownership, who you can hire first (if you own a business)golf carts on AC, cars on AC. Talk to other owners and local people about jobs.
Im not trying to discourage you. Don't look thru rose glases at this Island. You will be changing your familys lifestyle at 90D.
Just to let you know... I still go to AC everyyear and will keep going there. I love the place. But for me, not year round.

Good Luck

Z
Zoot Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Also.... "politics" is every where... no matter where you want to live... unless you own your own country.

Ditto....Ditto.....Ditto!!

Sums it up in a nutshell! [Linked Image]

Thanks Zoot!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
come move to bucks county pennsylvania. i love it here. nothing like the good old USA. i love to vacation, but i would never live anywhere else (i mean no offense to you locals, non-belizians, or expats. it is just my opinion). i dont mean either to be a smart alec. find another place in us with diferent values or lifestyle than where you are. no place is paradise 100% of the time.
however, if you decide to go, yes, try it first for a month or two, and best of luck.

D
D
janinpa.

paradise is kinda like "margarittaville"......
it's wherever you choose to find it!!

dave in phoenix

C
C
Paradise is right where I live, but not in late Februrary............

captain

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (dabunk), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.