Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#307915 - 10/30/08 09:51 PM San Pedro Town Library
pamkillen Offline
We have just finished the planning for the buildings finishing touches. BTB has rented the upstairs and we have jointly rehabed the building. In the library, we will soon have a newly furbished computer section that will be open for adult use as well as the usual student use.We also plan to build a covered veranda facing the sea where people can sit and read.
Another innovation that we are considering is to beg the donation of a couple of Kindles so we can download the newest books and rent the Kindle to readers who want the newest releases.
If there is anyone who would consider making a donation, please let me know. We are able to pay for many capital expenses from the National Library budget but it is very limited and we want to do so much.
The children's library will be set up as soon as the reno is done, which should be very soon.The kids ask every day when they can get in. I love to see all the readers!!!!! When that happens, we will also be having a book sale so look for that.
Thanks to all the library supporters. We are so appreciative of every thing you do.

#307920 - 10/30/08 10:15 PM Re: San Pedro Town Library [Re: pamkillen]
Amanda Syme Offline
Great news. Keep us updated please. I love a book sale.

#307932 - 10/30/08 10:49 PM Re: San Pedro Town Library [Re: Amanda Syme]
Leah-Ann Offline
Lots of questions here - The BTB has rented the upstairs? Does that mean the library no longer has the use of any of those rooms?
I've brought library supplies every trip I've made and am a huge supporter of trying to help insure the island's children have every opportunity available to access the world through books. I know they've been looking at upgrading computers for quite some time. Are they adding more? How often will they be utilized by adults and how much will that impact availability for the kids? Also, has the library obtained a new printer or are they still using the same one they've had for the last couple of years?

#308065 - 10/31/08 04:34 AM Re: San Pedro Town Library [Re: Leah-Ann]
pamkillen Offline
The BTB has rented the upstairs and in exchange has helped us renovate downstairs.Our primary focus will continue to be the children's library while building the research section for older children. But we also realize that technology helps us expand our resources for research and instruction. So we are trying to also expand in to that area.Area Rep Heredia has said that he believes that he will be able to update our computers which will allow us to focus on getting software. In terms of adults, we will decrease the actual space for books but allow use of the computers for research and academic tasks.We have many college students who need our resources. The adults lending library may have to shrink a bit because our passion is serving the children and older students. Does that answer your questions? Please send any more and I will do my best to get the information to you.

#308087 - 10/31/08 06:25 AM Re: San Pedro Town Library [Re: pamkillen]
Leah-Ann Offline
pam, thanks! I'm sad to see the loss of the room upstairs but I do get the trade-off

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Jameela01, Ricklap, Marty, 1 invisible), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,068 Topics
462,330 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.