Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Some while back there was an article in Daily about the GOB plans to require tourists, and others, to buy a fishing license to fish the waters of Belize. The new issue of "Fly Fishing Salt Water" has an article saying about the same thing. The article implied that resort owners were the promoters of legislation that would bring these license requirements about. It seem that their sole reason for doing so is to protect a declining population of Tarpon, Permit and Bone Fish from commercial fishing. I'm the first to admit that I don't know "jack" about commercial fishing in Belize. I ONLY fish the shallow flats inside the reef. The only commercial fishing that I've seen there is on the west side of SP, in a few weirs, that appear mostly to be unused. Question: Is commercial fishing for these species, beyound the reef, a real problem to populations, Or is the license program just another revenue project for the GOB?..... In any event, Tourists with Fly rods is DEFINATELY NOT the problem of deminishing populations of any specie of fish. Boats with nets can be the only people responsible, and they don't fish the shallow flats.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
S
S
There is no commercial fishery for Tarpon, Permit and Bone Fish...never has been.
This is just another misguided attempt to generate income.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.