Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
If you are coming to SP, would you consider bringing some used books for children, please. In the USA, used books often cost 10-50 cents at yard sales and at stores carrying used books. My first goal is for a 7-year-old girl living south of town. She is an avid reader. My second goal is for other local youth whom we see on a regular basis. I would like books for ages 5 thru 18 years old. I will take as many as I can get. I will meet you at your convenience and pay your purchase price (used-book prices only, please!). The books will be given to the children for free, so used books only, please; I cannot afford to buy new books from you. Thanks!!!

P
P
Remember you can also send these kids to the library. It is 3 bz dollars for a library card. If you brought them in, once we are open again in a couple of weeks, and taught them how to use a library , you would be giving them a gift that keeps on giving.
Also for the 18 years old, we have a research component to help with school and college projects.
I will be happy to give you any more information.
Thanks

I have childrens books that I'll be bringing at the end of November. If anyone would like to mail me more, please contact me. I'm happy to take them down at the end of Nov.

Thanks

Is there still going to be an adults books section in the library when it reopens? anyone know?

"Sometimes I go this way, sometimes I go that way-but it's always MY way!" LOL! "Cheshire" in CA
D
D
The library is a great place to donate! Almost any ficton or non fiction, research or reference title would be helpful. However, childrens books are ALWAYS in big demand! HELP THE LIBRARY!!!!

OP Offline
I encourage children to use the library, but many do not have opportunities to get there readily. I would like to offer a few books for ownership to these children. Out of respect for the great service provided by the library, I will also tell them that the library will appreciate donation of their books after they have read them.

Travelqueen, please see PM.

D
D
Kudos to you, Salty Dog! Gifted books are cherished by children. Donations of those books when they are no longer needed (as when their younger siblings or themselves no longer have a desire to read them)is encouraged.

P
P
There will be an adult section but not as large as before. We are still having some discussions about what it will look like. We are seriously looking at building a "reading veranda" on the seaside for people to be able to sit and read in a shaded area. They could borrow books or possibly rent a Kindle and sit and read it there.

Hi Pam, I looked up the kindle - wow - US$300+ per unit. When you rent them will people be able to take these units home or to their hotel?

The seaside reading section would become very popular very quickly. But you'll have to keep the "resident" wood carvers off it or there won't be anywhere for patrons to sit. Will you have a coffee shop service from Blue Water or Hummingbird?

Keep up that great work.

S
S
salty dog i just sent you a PM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.