Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Local Help Needed

I would like to place some additional geocaches on my next trip to Belize. What are Geocaches you might ask? There are 676,093 active geocaches around the world.

From the www.geocaching.com web site:

Getting Started with Geocaching
Geocaching (pronounced geo-cashing) is a worldwide game of hiding and seeking treasure. A geocacher can place a geocache in the world, pinpoint its location using GPS technology and then share the geocache's existence and location online. Anyone with a GPS unit can then try to locate the geocache.

I need someone that can check on the caches every so often. While you can't place a commercial cache, I,e, can't be placed where you would have to make a purchase to access the cache. Some on the island appear to be placed inside a business for safe keeping

The concept is: find the cache, sign the log book, and if you choose to trade, trade fairly.

If you have or are aware of a place that would be a good location,or have questions please send me a private message.

Cachers support the Cache in Trash out concept.

No costs are associated with hosting a cache.

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours
A
A
I really do not have any Idea where you could leave a geocache but I would love to see a few on the island.

Could you check with a couple of the resorts to see if they were interested.

OP Offline
Lots of places, but need to have someone on the island to act as a part time care taker, in the rare event that it needs it.

Fellow geocahers that find them most often help maintain them as the find the caches.

We have some here that the cachers have been away from the game for 5 years, but other cachers step up and keep them active.

If you enjoy finding them please consider hiding them as well.

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.