Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
cool
My wife and i would love to relocate permanantly, we are both 50, i am an MBA and lean sigma manager, she is a qualified chidrens nurse BUT - we could / would turn our hands to most anything to achieve the life style change.
drop us a line if you think there is anything we can do for you.
cheers from rainy engand

Graham

Ah...you've been biten by the bug. See your doctor straight away! smile I've been there and done that. As have many of the people on this message board. Sound advice always comes from Amanda Syme from Sunset Realty, Jesse (Invest in Belize) and my buddy Bill Thornton from St. Louis, Mo. These are just a few who have been there or going there for a long time. I'm sure I'm missing some important ones, but my mind isn't what it used to be, sorry (chemo brain...LOL).

While Amanda and Jesse live there full time (probably 20 plus years), Bill has a condo on the lagoon side, in alligator haven...LOL, and travels to San Pedro for 3 months then back to the states for 3 months and so on and so on. That way you never get tired of either place and you appreciate and get to enjoy the things you love most about each place. Basically, you have the best of both worlds. Mind you, he's retired and does not have to worry about how he will make a living in Belize.
If I had it to do all over, this would be the way I would want it. You need money and a fair amount of it to make it there.

The cocktail dreams, beautiful turquoise waters, and lazy hammock dreams just aren't the same when you are trying to scratch out a living and keep a roof over your head and food in your belly.

My advice...retire first so you have a set income to live off of, then go back and forth as discussed above until you really get to know the place and the hassels it takes to live there. Then if you still want that dream?...then go for it. You will be prepared then and have the skills it takes to be HAPPY at it.

Heaven on earth isn't Heaven on earth unless there's HAPPINESS with it. Just my humble opinion. smile

Good luck Graham and take care.

Hello there Sandshaker. I had been wondering where you were. Sorry to hear about that darned chemo cocktail that you are taking. Be strong and dream about Belize when you are sitting there taking the meds.

Thanks for the kind words about my judgment!

By the way, my company is Sunrise Realty- the beginning of a day, not the end.

Speaking of which, Cal, my hubby will be putting in his sunset cam soon - and it won't be a day too soon. The sunsets have been incredible recently.

Take care, warmest regards
Amanda

And Graham, please do drop me an email. If you go to my profile you will find my email address and business website.

LOL...I knew that Amanda. I told you my brain is gone...LOL
OK...red-faced here, sorry about that girl. Hehehe!
I look forward to Cal's cam! I've got some great 5am-6am shots I took down by the cut one morning. You just can't beat the color.
Truly God's paint palette!

Here's the link to those sunrise pics. Geeezzz, it's hard to believe these were taken 7 years ago!! Time flies, even when you ain't havin' fun. smile

http://www.geocities.com/sanshakr.geo/sunrise.htm

Graham,
It takes time, patients and money to make the switch to the SP living. I have seen some of the younger folks take the plunge with just a little stash of cash and the ability to live on very little. Seems it takes most folks who need to work about 12 to 18mns to get themselves working legally and settled. Yes some get it done faster and some never make it. My husband and I have stayed up to 6mns at a time, come back to the States and then back to SP. This works for us. I keep thinking we will just stay but I think we want a bit of both worlds. I would suggest coming for a few months, before deciding to move. Life is short...enjoy

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks for the advice etc but what i'd realy like is a job offer of any sort for either myself or pam, we would turn our hands to anything for the chance to move to san pedro

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.