Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
A friend of mine is due to arrive about the 20th and he takes a couple of Rx drugs. He asked if there might be any problem at customs with his meds. I don't take medicine and was no help to him. Can somebody shed a little light on how to avoid any problems with this for him? Many Thanks Don Greife

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
P
P
no problem but bring them in original bottles

Never had anyone even ask about medications, like Pam says, keep them in original bottle....

Change your Latitude
G
G
Most generics can be obtained locally with ease.....and less expensive than in US.

Here's what CDC says:

Items to Bring With You
Medicines you may need:
The prescription medicines you take every day. Make sure you have enough to last during your trip. Keep them in their original prescription bottles and always in your carry-on luggage. Be sure to follow security guidelines, if the medicines are liquids.

Note: Some drugs available by prescription in the US are illegal in other countries. Check the US Department of State Consular Information Sheets for the country(s) you intend to visit or the embassy or consulate for that country(s). If your medication is not allowed in the country you will be visiting, ask your health-care provider to write a letter on office stationery stating the medication has been prescribed for you.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
P
P
I was charged import duty at Corozal when I brought in some prescription drugs, along with a copy of the prescription. They said I had to have the original prescription (which of course is impossible).

OP Offline
Thanks ALL.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
My experience is .... don't expect to be able to buy what you NEED in Belize - I have tried - would hear over and over - we can get them for you, but they never arrived. I take 3 medications and have never been able to buy them in Belize. I bring in a 6 mn supply of each. I do not announce that I have them, I just put the bottles in with my cosmetics & toiletries.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.