Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#3094 - 10/02/00 01:18 AM Evacuation efforts in SP??
Javier Ramirez Offline
I know this might be premature as Keith is still pounding SP, but does anyone know of plans to evacuate people as soon as this is over? I am asking because I am worried about my many friends there that will probably want to get out as soon as this is over. If so how can they find out about it?

#3095 - 10/02/00 01:32 AM Re: Evacuation efforts in SP??
Kit Offline
Listen for the airplanes. I'm sure that Tropic and Maya will be flying as soon as it is safe.

#3096 - 10/02/00 02:07 AM Re: Evacuation efforts in SP??
jacquesv Offline
Sorry to tell y'all this, but I got this e-mail from Sari Vidrine's parent's in Houston.

--Sari has been calling on her cell phone as late as 2PM Houston time. Four pilots froim Tropic Air have been helping her. They are in the marina apartment, but the building may not stand, the water is up to the
second floor.They may have to go into the water. I told Sari several hours ago to put on life vests which all have done.--

When I called her parents back for an update, they said that Sari told them that Tropic Air's building was demolished, and that several Tropic employee's had taken refuge with her at The Boatyard and Marina. They relayed the info that storm surge was getting to 8 to 10 feet on the Boatyard property. (For those unfamiliar with The Boatyard, it is located about 3 blocks West from Maya Air).

I also heard from Carla Fine (whose husband, Byron, recently passed away). She is a resident of Ambergris Caye (house near Journey's End), but is in Oklahoma right now. She heard that the three blocks south of Tropic (including the big supermarket) were demolished.

I am as much in the dark as y'all are, and definitely as worried . . . I just thought that I'd pass on those tidbits of info for what it's worth.

PLEASE! If any of y'all have info on Sari Vidrine, Libby Vidrine, or know Tom Vidrine or Lgan Gentry's whereabouts in Thailand, PLEASE e-mail me! We haven't heard from Sari or Libby in 8 hours, and we doubt that Tom or Logan know of this crisis.

Thanks! Jacques Vidrine
E-mail: jacquesv@asbank.com
Phone in USA: 337-363-5789

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 46 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,718 Topics
461,262 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.