Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sal777 Offline OP
OP Offline
Long story short - I have a new camera w/no memory stick -- and haven't been able to find one on the island. . . And taking a trip tomorrow where I wanna take pictures?

Please PM me if you have one you'd be willing to loan or sell . . or have ideas where I can find . . . .

The camera is a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W150 and the memory is 'Memory Stick Pro Duo' (it's more narrow than most standard memory cards. . .like the one I have and can't use!).

Thanks.
Sheryl

I saw some at the graphic place...gecko graphics
not sure if it is what you need but they have a couple of the memory things that are very small you use for a phone but then they have the 2 things you can use to make them adapt to different sizes. Go by Gecko graphics and see if they will work. It is memory that can be used for 3 different size things..
sorry can't explain it better, I have not had any coconut water today.
Mary

mary
Sal777 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the idea Mary. I just checked w/them -- it wont work for my camera. Thanks anyhow.

Sheryl

check at Tech Transylvania, War Paint, Wings, CMS 2000, maybe Mr. C's.

Good luck.

P
P
Thought I saw one in CSM2000. But the Sony ones are quite hard to get hold of (and expensive).

i have a sony MP3/camera phone & sony camera also, and peter is right.

that's the one down side of Sonys: the memory sticks are specific to sony alone. reg memory cards will not fit.

if you are going to be on the island for a while, i'll be down in 10 days and would bring you one.

good luck.

P
P
The other downside of Sony products, and I own and have owned quite a number of them, is that they are effectively irrepairable. Send something back to Canon and they'll repair it perfectly or otherwise replace it, usually very cheaply or even free. Send something back to Sony and they'll either tell you it can't be repaired or they'll bodge it and introduce half a dozen faults that weren't there before. They even had the nerve to tell me to throw away a four-years-old $3k DAT recorder with a digital read error and buy another one.

Sal777 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the ideas everyone. Although I wasn't able to find the right memory stick on the island, I did find a nice person on the board traveling here tomorrow that is bringing me one - yahoo! So I'll still have a week left to take lots of great pictures.

Sheryl

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.