Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#309747 - 11/09/08 05:38 PM ipod shuffle help
tacogirl Offline
Can someone please explain why my dumb @ss ipod shuffle said all files were converted from mp3 to what ever they are supposed to be and when I load shuffle it is not happening.

Maybe I am missing some simple step or something but ipod is the must frustrating thing I have had to deal with in a long while.

#309756 - 11/09/08 06:05 PM Re: ipod shuffle help [Re: tacogirl]
Shopgirl Offline
I don't have the shuffle, have the Nano, but the program should be the same.
When Itunes is open on your PC and you are in your music library check to be sure that there is a 'check' mark next to all songs that you would like loaded. When you plug the shuffle in to load it the screen that comes up has option on the bottom that you can place 'check' marks by. One is to 'sync' all items that are checked. I am purely guessing here, but that may be the problem.?? It will tell you when it is done loading and when it is OK to disconnect. I have accidentally disconnected before it is done syncing and it caused to not to download anything.
Gosh I hope it works!!!

#309757 - 11/09/08 06:06 PM Re: ipod shuffle help [Re: tacogirl]
SimonB Offline
There is a function in iTunes that consolidates all of your music (not required.) When it does it converts them to iTunes format. Unfortunately you can't go back.

It also moves those files into a new library which you have to add to you libraries in File/Add Folders to Library. You have to sync from that library.

Edited by SimonB (11/09/08 06:09 PM)

#309759 - 11/09/08 06:13 PM Re: ipod shuffle help [Re: SimonB]
Caye Connect Offline
iTunes doesn't need to convert mp3s. Once a file is mp3 - it can play natively in iTunes. What you may be thinking of is AAC format that is proprietary. When ripping music from a CD, Apple's default is to encode in AAC, but you change this in you preferences area to mp3 (and choose your bitrate). You may also be confusing mp3 with wma (windows media audio). iTunes cannot play native wma, but can convert to AAC for you. Thusly, keep everything in 256k encoded MP3 format you won't go wrong - plays everywhere and sounds great.

#309760 - 11/09/08 06:14 PM Re: ipod shuffle help [Re: SimonB]
*I Do* Belize Weddings Offline
Laurie, this is tooo funny. I don't think I have ever heard you say dumb @ss before, too funny.

#309761 - 11/09/08 06:26 PM Re: ipod shuffle help [Re: *I Do* Belize Weddings]
tacogirl Offline
lol keli if you knew how pissed off I am right now and you all know it takes a lot for me to get that way.

Thanks for all your help I am going to try and slow my brain down now so I can read it.

You would not believe how hard it is to even find an email address on apple website to ask for help.

#309767 - 11/09/08 06:44 PM Re: ipod shuffle help [Re: tacogirl]
Shopgirl Offline
If everything is loaded correctly you should be able to play the songs on your computer from the music library. If that is OK then it is a syncing problem.

Itunes.com and then click on the support link. They have a questions load on the right and a lot of information to search through on that site.

#309769 - 11/09/08 06:49 PM Re: ipod shuffle help [Re: Shopgirl]
SimonB Offline
"iTunes doesn't need to convert mp3s. Once a file is mp3 - it can play natively in iTunes." True but from her intial description it looks like they were converted, which sucks. Actually, in my book iTunes just sucks overall.

#309777 - 11/09/08 07:21 PM Re: ipod shuffle help [Re: SimonB]
tacogirl Offline
Thanks all

tacoboy ended up figuring it out finally but this is over 2 h later lol I would label this venture as rocker science ha ha.

my old rca lyra mp3 player was as simple as dragging any music file and dropping it in and you were good to go.

#309782 - 11/09/08 08:47 PM Re: ipod shuffle help [Re: tacogirl]
Peter Jones Offline
Anyone who has one of the Apple products clearly wants to get it working, but must be aware that their system seems designed to convert your music to their proprietary format whether you want it to or not. I have to say I'll never buy one - there are some excellent players that don't screw you like this.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,055 Topics
462,292 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.