Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
20 minutes ago while getting my mail at the San Pedro Grocer (next to Amal's Hardware)I witnessed the time honored tradition here of grocers removing expiration dates. One of the grocers was sitting at the desk next to the mailboxes with a razor blade cutting off the bottom of all of the bottles of Kraft Salad Dressing. I told him I would report it, so I decided to report it here. Also a week ago I made an inspection of yogurt and cheese in the case at Island Super Mkt, and found most had had the dates removed also.
Buyer beware...AGAIN

P
P
Speaking of salad dressing, has anyone tasted the new german line. I am wondering if it is any good. The red cabbage salad is wonderful.

That is sad news the guys at that store have always been really nice to us.

It is a good reminder to stay on top of checking dates.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

T
T
Gwena,
Please report this to the health Dept. They are located above poly clinic, or call Belize city health Dept.
We all have to do our part!

T
T
they should discount them early before they expire. That is what they do at Brodies. Lets raise our standards of living. This has a trickle down effect. They should be fined!

I wonder when you report it if they will really do anything. Snapping a photo would be great next time you see this. Can't believe they did it when they were opened and customers were in there. Taco, I would assume they are always nice as they want your repeat business.

Tim, great idea. I love getting the good buys at brodies when yogerts are a few weeks to expiring. Great idea.

T
T
How can you trust them? Last place I get my thawed out chicken!
I agree with the picture,the post was good gwena. I wont be shopping there.
cheers

speaking of chicken Tim, I purchased spoiled chicken last week and could tell right when I opened it up.

C
C
Where do people shop then? I am so tired of reading expiration dates and trying to eat here!!!!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.