Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Sad news....

Israel passed away thursday afternoon. He was a waiter at Playa Lounge and had been a bar tender at Fido's South. He leaves behind his common law wife, 'Dulce", and his six month old daughter "Oceane". Tomorrow (Sunday) Playa will be selling beer to raise money to help Dulce and Oceane!! Please come show your support!!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by CarlosCabanas; 11/15/08 08:25 PM.
B
B
I can't believe how sad this is. What a great, super friendly guy.

S
S
screw also left behind a 4 year old son. our son! his name is also israel "Izzy" daniels. we are trying to come to belize for the services. i cant beleive he is gone!! he loved people so much. and we love him! we live in the states. im trying to get us out there but i have very little money. my phone number is 206-353-4299 and my name is malori if any one would like call please do and im looking for his dear friend ralston reynolds if anyone knows him please give me his number or give him mine. israel loved san pedro so much. that was his home!

J
J
What a tragic loss for all who knew him. Israel had the biggest happiest personality of any person I have ever known. I met him this summer on my first trip to San Pedro. As a fifty-something woman traveling alone meeting him was truly a godsend. I got off the water taxi, walked up to La Playa and heard this big booming voice welcoming me to the island. From that first meeting he took me under his wing and helped me with everything from lodging to where to buy groceries - he even came and hung my hammock up for me. Any question I had he could answer, anything I needed I just had to ask. I stayed on San Pedro a month and got to know Israel as a true friend. I loved the Island so that I brought my twelve year old son to San Pedro this past week. Once again Israel was there to make us feel welcome. We shared some drinks and conversation Wednesday evening sitting out on the dock talking about the future; how he wanted to fix up his boat and take tourists fishing on his day off. Thursday - he was gone. A wonderful person so full of life taken from us just that swiftly. He will be missed by all who knew him. I can still hear that melodic wonderful laugh of his. He was always happy.

What happened?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
B
B
There is a fundraiser going on right now for his family at Playa Lounge...all Sunday afternoon.

L
L
Dulce, (Isreal's commonlaw wife)lost both her parents when she was very young. Her only sister died in an auto accident on the Western Highway last year. To my knowledge, she really has no immediate family to turn to for support.

R.B. Mernitz
C
C
It's all so sad, I just met Dulce on the street with her sweet little baby. I'm sure any support people can give would be much appreciated.

OP Offline
Thanks to everyone for their support!! The monies collected will be put in a bank account for Dulce and Oceane. Anyone who still wishes to help out can do so through Trevor, Cubano, Isabelle or Glenn at Playa Lounge!!

Thanks Again!!

C
C
What a great cause to donate to.........this is someone who really needs it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.