Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31131 11/09/00 04:06 PM
D
OP Offline
D
It was our first dive trip to AC but things don't look bad at all. Paradise Villas are up and running as far as I could see someone was staying in all of Gaz's units. We were in the unit 10A that lost some of the sheet rock and it was all up. Everything was working but the cable and who needs that. Ac is cool the gas is on and water works 7am to 11pm. The pool was full and open last sunday.
Paradise Resort next doors was hit hard with all of the wood and thach damaged bad I don't think anyone is staying there right now but they are working hard and fast the bar, Big Kahona I think? Is getting a roof right now.
Lots of guys are working on Rock's Inn on the other side.I want them to come help us in kansas build our new house. They are realy getting after it.
All of the food stores are up and running and have almost everything you need. The "Island Supermarket" says that all of the cold cases will be up and running by this weekend.
Fido's was the best place we found to eat. The Tropica on the southend was good to but price. Celi's is good and the bartender was great letting us stay so late to watch the election. For what it was worth.
Everyone should go to the bakery a few blocks past Paradise Villas well worth the trip.
Gaz Cooper and his crew are nice and boats are all up and going we dove with them 5 rough days. Lucia who runs the shop goes out of her way to get you what you need and made the trip.
Went to the Blue Hole with Amigos del Mar and had a great time. I don't care what anyone says If your diving you must do this trip more for half moon caye and boobie birds but the Hole with the sharks was great. But remember no boats have a restroom on board not even the all day trips. So go before you leave and at lunch on the small island. Or you'll be sorry. [Linked Image]
Take deet 100% you will need it.
But the #1 reason to go back would be the people are wonderful a place where a woman could go by herself and not fell that you have to lock yourself in the room at night and miss out because of thugs. Even the young men were nice and had a smile on there face.
That's it for now.
Happy to answer questions for anyone I can.
Remember drink all of the Belikin you can handle "Premium" you can't get it in the states.

#31132 11/09/00 07:10 PM
B
B
Thanks for the great update. I'm going to AC for the first time in 34 days (and 12 hours and 23 minutes - but who's counting?) and the info on where to eat and drink was helpful (as was the bathroom tip for the daytrips).

It sounds like a great place, without the hassles or worries that you get in a lot or Caribbean destinations. I can't wait.

BTW - I grew up in Wichita and went to K-State - small world we live in. Take care.

#31133 11/09/00 09:11 PM
Thanks for giving this wonderful first hand report. It is so nice of you to take the time to share with us how pleased your are with your trip, stay, diving, and the good people of Ambergris.

Dare To Deviate
#31134 11/09/00 11:52 PM
D
OP Offline
D
No restrooms on any boats.
Don't drink the night before Blue Hole trip.

#31135 11/10/00 04:28 PM
B
BC Offline
B
Glad to hear that Paradice Villas is up and running and that spirts are high,the rebuilding is going well and the reef is undamaged. My family will be going there for Christmas and New Years.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a place to party on New Years Eve ?

#31136 11/10/00 08:36 PM
F
F
stop by estels and talk to charlie..he says they're having a great one man show playing their during this time. it's on the north side of duanes surf and turf.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.