Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
All,
it's a shame that the book store is kaput. I used to drop off my old books there whenever I could. I'd do the same for the library, but they told me that they don't lend to tourists. Maybe the new store will be a success.

Dan

Originally Posted by CarlosCabanas
Barefoot books lease expired. Tammy Peterson is opening a new place beside hummingbird cafe. It will be called "Paiges" (after her daughter. I really liked the play on words!!

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
P
P
We lend to tourist all the time. Right now we are undergoing a rehab of the space but part of that is to accommodate adult readers so they can be more comfortable. We have designed an adult reading space and are looking to build a covered reading veranda on the seaside. Once we have finished construction, please come back!

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Dan Carey
All,
it's a shame that the book store is kaput. I used to drop off my old books there whenever I could. I'd do the same for the library, but they told me that they don't lend to tourists. Maybe the new store will be a success.

Dan

Originally Posted by CarlosCabanas
Barefoot books lease expired. Tammy Peterson is opening a new place beside hummingbird cafe. It will be called "Paiges" (after her daughter. I really liked the play on words!!

I've got high hopes for Paiges and think the new library is going to be super.
A library on the beach with a veranda overlooking the Caribbean can't go wrong.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert #311623 11/19/08 03:23 PM
T
T
Is there a climate controlled storage space on the island that she can store the books in? The only one I have seen and used was the storage place on fire coral street and it was not climate controlled.

Your Complete Property Management Service
Service is FREE for renters!
www.ThreePalmsProperties.net
I haven't come across a business that currently offers climate controlled storage. But that doesn't mean that nobody does it.

M
M
The bookstore will be called "PAGES". It will initially have used books but move into developing a good new and best seller list as well as children's books, journals, science, texts etc. It will also feature a reading corner and there are plans for audio books. There are also plans for a book club, writing club and afternoon children's activities. There is hope that there will be some desktop publishing of projects that can be used to support local schools. PAGES is looking to be a positive part of the community and an interactive one. Be sure to stop in to leave some suggestions and head over to Hummingbird for a coffee!!

meimei #312459 11/26/08 03:58 PM
P
P
When can we expect it to be open? I am rereading old favorites but getting to the end.

M
M
hopefully in next two weeks. Inventory is low but will improve with time and will welcome additions.Working on comprehensive list and will keep stocking over next few months.

Originally Posted by pamkillen
When can we expect it to be open? I am rereading old favorites but getting to the end.

Isn't that sort of the general idea?

Just about the only time reading the beginning and the middle is better than the end is a Leah Ann/Pug thread that refuses to die laugh

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
pugwash #312553 11/27/08 08:01 PM
Hon Offline
So is the hatchet buried Pug? In which body part? wink

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.