Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#311457 - 11/18/08 10:06 PM DOG TRAVEL HELP URGENT!
pnut Offline
Our son Fred (from the Hideaway) has just booked a flight for him and his loveable but LARGE dog to arrive in BZE tomorrow, November 19th. They arrive on Continental flight 1628 at 3:47, which makes it nearly impossible to catch the last water taxi, and because said loveable dog is so LARGE, transporting him by air is probably not an option. Does anyone know of some kind soul who has a boat available to get them from the city to the island? Please let me know ASAP!!
Thanks,
Penny & Bob

#311459 - 11/18/08 10:16 PM Re: DOG TRAVEL HELP URGENT! [Re: pnut]
carbunkletrumpet Offline
Penny sent you a PM

#311460 - 11/18/08 10:25 PM Re: DOG TRAVEL HELP URGENT! [Re: carbunkletrumpet]
iluvbelize Offline
he might be able to buy a trip on the smallest tropic flight for the pooch and himself - it may cost more because he may have to buy all the seats, but it will be more comfortable for the dog. the boatride may shake and bump the dog around a bit too much.

#311461 - 11/18/08 10:26 PM Re: DOG TRAVEL HELP URGENT! [Re: iluvbelize]
*I Do* Belize Weddings Offline
He should make it. I just flew the first week October back ariving on the 3:47 flight and had time waiting for the 4:30 water taxi to SP.

My biggest concern is not making it on the water taxi, but the new rules Continental has added to flying with animals which they are not supposed to require. Do you know if he applied for the import permit and its waiting at the int airport like it should be or if he requested a faxed copy in advance to bring to the airport??? It took me TWO DAYS to get back here in Oct, it was complete BS. A true nightmare.

He can always take Maya air if he misses the water taxi, it only costs one ticket for dogs as opposed to 3 on Tropic. good luck. If you can make the boat it is definately much preferred by dogs. Putting them back in their kennels once they go through customs makes most of them go insane after riding on long flights from the states. Most of the pups love the water taxi ride

#311462 - 11/18/08 10:28 PM Re: DOG TRAVEL HELP URGENT! [Re: carbunkletrumpet]
Phil Offline
The San Pedro Water Taxi runs a 5:30pm departure from Bz now which might be viable.
www.sanpedrowatertaxi.com/files/schedule.html

#311464 - 11/18/08 10:32 PM Re: DOG TRAVEL HELP URGENT! [Re: Phil]
great news Phil!! Thank you!

#311466 - 11/18/08 10:37 PM Re: DOG TRAVEL HELP URGENT! [Re: *I Do* Belize Weddings]
come to think of it if he takes Maya you have to call in advance to arrange a certain plane for the large dog kennels.

#311470 - 11/18/08 10:48 PM Re: DOG TRAVEL HELP URGENT! [Re: *I Do* Belize Weddings]
Tim Callanan Offline
This may help,it is a holiday tomorrow and its late in the day call BAHA SEE link
http://investinbelize.blogspot.com/2008/05/requirements-for-bring-your-dog-or-cat.html

#311471 - 11/18/08 10:48 PM Re: DOG TRAVEL HELP URGENT! [Re: *I Do* Belize Weddings]
Abstruse Offline
Quote:
My biggest concern is not making it on the water taxi, but the new rules Continental has added to flying with animals which they are not supposed to require. Do you know if he applied for the import permit and its waiting at the int airport like it should be or if he requested a faxed copy in advance to bring to the airport??? It took me TWO DAYS to get back here in Oct, it was complete BS. A true nightmare.

Yeah, Penny had them fax up the permit. We have an overabundance of documentation. Now I just have to drive 6 hours to the airport since continental has no hub here.

I appreciate the help, everyone. See you tomorrow.

EDIT:

Quote:
This may help,it is a holiday tomorrow and its late in the day call BAHA SEE link

Thanks Tim.

Edited by Abstruse (11/18/08 10:51 PM)

#311474 - 11/18/08 10:56 PM Re: DOG TRAVEL HELP URGENT! [Re: Abstruse]
Tim Callanan Offline
I just called baha and they cant fax to me . You need a permit anyway. Try playing dumb gringo and throw around Victor Vigora 's name .
Yes it is a holiday and I think you are lucky there,you can do it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 45 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,074 Topics
462,343 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.