Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
Hello....

I'm a female in my late twenties. I want to take a trip to Belize in the latter part of this year--alone. I am anxious about traveling alone, but have heard Belize is relatively safe.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on hotels/resorts? I don't want to be around couples/kids the entire time, but I do want nice and SAFE accommodations.

Also, the activites I want to do include zip line, cave tubing, atv tour, and reef tour. Any suggestions?

B
B
Don't be anxious...as long as you are safe/careful, everyone down here is great, very friendly...it will be no problem. I came down here 3x alone before moving here...(now single, 35 year old female)

I recommend Ambergris Caye. It's busy, lots of stuff going on, lots of single people. Mainland is great, but all the places I've stayed are fairly isolated. Stay at Changes In Latitudes. Two women running the place, group breakfasts so you can meet everyone and good suggestions of where to go.

Definitely snorkel at Hol Chan with Lil Alfonse. CIL can set you up. Both Seaduced and Searious are great for tours...

My suggestion is to come here for a week and figure it out from there. Once you arrive it all seems to fall into place.

B
OP Offline
B
thanks for the suggestions smile

i talked to someone from Belize and they mentioned the bed/bath you said. the problem i am running into is availability. i barely decided i wanted to do this 2 days ago.

smile

P
P
If by "the latter part of this year" you mean Christmas/New Year I'm not surprised. It usually gets very busy here then. You'll have a much better time if you can get here at some time other than those peaks.

L
L
I'm a young female actually headed to ambergris caye alone on Friday. I'm excited yet nervous, but there seems to be a lot to do. My main concern is the rain... what do people wear during rainy season? And are activites limited during this time?

--thx

Hi there. Hopefully most of our rains have ended but you never know this time of year. It's still usually hot but bring a pair of pants and long sleeve shirt. The past couple days have been breezy with chilly nights.

There are lots of people coming down this week, maybe you should come to one of the events going on. There's a BBQ sauce-off contest this weekend BCs bar, should be packed. Friday night there's an organized sunset cruise, not sure if it is full but message Tacogirl and she'll let you know. Would be great if you could join everyone at least one of the days. I used to travel often as a young single female before moving down. You'll have a blast.

What flight do you arrive on internationally? A few people are coming on Friday as well.

L
L
Thx so much for responding! I'd love to join everyone at least once...
I'm coming from houston, and should arrive in belize city by 4.

Okay, so you arrive on the 3:47 Continental flight and are you taking the water taxi or puddle jumper to the island? You'll miss the sunset sail as it departs at 4:45pm. Come to BCs on Sunday around 3pm for a nice crowd. If you want to meet up with some of us on Saturday night give me a call, number's on website.
Check your private mailbox on here too.
Have a safe trip!

Pedro's Saturday night for game night as well. 6 pm onward Ll Jess.

You never know too some people may end up in town after the boat at BC's or Fido's Friday night.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

L
L
Thanks to both of you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.