Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Leo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hello everyone,
2 of us coming for 2 weeks in Jan., 2001. We would like to see the ruins inland and then onto sun and fun in Ambergris or Caye Caulker.
San Pedro sounds good.
We would like to know some good ways people start out. We're figured 1-2 days to see ruins and considered staying at a place in San Ignacio close by Xunantunich when we arrive.??? Any words of advice on that?
We would like any advice from anyone who 'really' knows. We dislike tourism and commercial type stuff. How about some moderate places (hotels/villas) to stay in Ambergris near or in San Pedro??
Nothing fancy, but nice.
We don't mind walking. We've been to other islands but are a bit clueless here.........

Thank You for any advice,
Leo & Gloria U.S.

P
P
me my girlfriend and another couple going in january doing 5 nites in san pedro and 4 nites in san ignacio in san pedro going to relax and snorkel in san ignacio going to c maya ruins and canoe cant wait!!

I suggest you check out Lamani ruins.Not many tourist there and you get a good sense the country side just getting there.The ruins are wonderful,hundreds of sites yet uncovered but a few have been unearthed.Just a neat place.You could do it on a day trip from San Pedro.Have fun!!

there is another thread on things to do just below..
click here: //ambergriscaye.com/message/Forum4/HTML/001525.html

C
C
In San Ignacio, pay a little more and stay
at the San Ignacio Hotel...at first we were
told to stay at a hotel right there in the
downtown section...let's just say, when we
were checking out the room...a young couple
was just coming out...needless to say, we
went up the hill to the aforementioned
hotel....before San Ignacio is Ceasar's Place
and I've heard good things about that from
my friends who live in Belize..2-3 days inland is good but in the rainy season it would be hard to get up into the mts. at
Mt. Pine Ridge...also the Zoo just outside of
Belize City is a charming way to spend a few
hours and you can take the bus from Belize
City and just get off...when you want to go
back walk to the main road and wait for a
bypassing bus.... We hired our own driver for
a day in San Ignacio(through the hotel) and
saw a lot of local ruins and sites...ENJOY!

L
Leo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
The comments sound similar to what info we found on the internet. Thanks!
How about some moderate hotels from $50-100 per night or any 2 week deals??? We were looking at a couple like Sunbreeze, Paradise,Ramon's,and The Palms. We heard to stay away from north and South ends???
Is there any walk in negotiating when we arrive or others they don't put in the brochures That only you would know about??

We would like to keep the price around $50-65 if that is possible.

Please help us uncover the mystery of the MAYANS and tell us something the tourist board won't.
Thanks again,
Leo
Ps. Do they let guitar players sit in with the bands if I brought my guitar and amp?

S
S
I would suggest Holiday Hotel, it was nice but not to fancy. There is a little deli attached to it and there is also a nice restraunt to go along with it. They play music once a week. It was every lovely!! And i enjoyed it every much. The inside of the room had a liitle fridge, with a big jug of water, and a nice sink with the mirror and a nice bathroom!! I wouldhighly recomend it. email me at [email protected], if you have any questions. I hope you have a great trip!!!

B
B
I'm going to be on AC in November and just recently looked into Ruby's (around $30/night) and Lillie's (around $50/night). Both are right on the beach, and from folks on this board tell me clean and safe. Take a look at the following for more info:
//www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/lodge/lodging.html

We stay at the Conch Shell Hotel right on the beach, with a nice porch. A room with a fridge can save money on beverages. See there webpage under lodgings.
Belize it!

L
Leo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you Brion and Margarita. The link that Brion gave listed about 60 hotels on AC.

I have found some reasonable rates but can't decide on North, center, or south ends of town. Quite hard to tell by most pictures.

The only thing we've decided is that we don't want to ride a golf cart from three or four miles from the north and south of town.

We've been looking at so many pages that we decided we would stay for 3 weeks in Jan. instead.
I'll be looking at the suggestions you've all given. Definately need $50-100 p/night now. Looks like rates went up a little for 2001.
Leo

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 316 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.