Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
We just got back from Belize. It was our fifth trip (we have stayed at many different places in San Pedro) and this time we decided to see more inland Belize. We spent the first three nights at Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Resort (near Belmopan), and I HIGHLY recommend it. We caught the local bus there from Bze City for just a couple of bucks. Cave Branch is cool -- beautiful setting and the activities are fabulous. We did the Black Hole Drop -- rappelled 300 feet into a sinkhole in the jungle -- awesome -- and one day we went cave tubing. Then we went to San Ignacio and stayed the night at Martha's Guest House -- around $32, I think -- shared bath but we were the only ones on our floor so did not have to share. Lovely place, very clean and comfortable, also highly recommended. We went to Eva's where we engaged a guide (Tony) to take us to Ixchel Farms, home of Rainforest Remedies. We canoed back to San Ignacio from there. The next day we hopped a bus to the border and then caught a minivan to Tikal, Guatemala ($10 each). Stayed in Tikal one night and Flores one night, we loved both places. Then to Beaches and Dreams, near Hopkins for 3 nights. We spent our last week on Ambergris Caye at Paradise Villas. If there are four of you, you could get a 2 bdrm villa and stay within your budget, I think. We ate our breakfasts and lunches in the condo and decided that's the way to go. With what you save from not eating out you can justify the condo cost -- which is actually not much more than a hotel. We have also stayed at the Sunbreeze, which we liked very much, and at Ruby's in the room with a private bath which is a VERY good value and at Coral Beach -- so so. We are divers and spend most of our time on the island doing that but have also done the Winnie Estelle snorkel trip and trips to Altun Ha and Lamanai -- both interesting and fun. If you need any more info, pleae feel free to email me off-line and I will be happy to give you further lowdown. Enjoy your trup!

http://www.roughwriters.com Smooth communications in all media
Went to A/C in May stayed at Coconuts reasonably priced at $70.00 a night with a discount for using american funds. Nothing real fancy But clean, nice and great pepole. Fantastic beach bar and nice easy walk to town. I thought it was great.

L
Leo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks everyone for your help,
We have booked a hotel just to the north of town. It sounds like we'll have a good time no matter where we stay. I haven't heard anything negative and many who have been there want to go back.
Thanks Again,
Leo

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.