Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#312906 11/30/08 09:37 AM
B
OP Offline
B
First i want to know that, If i will study in Belize for 1 year duration, Will i get residency after 1 year.

I heard that, It is also possible to reject the application of residency after 1 year of duration. And it also take long time to answer and in many cases they dont give residency.

Its really hurting situation that, if someone stay One year in belize, and then he is rejected for getting Permanent residency after spending lot of money.

Please let me know, and solve this conjuction in my mind smile

I am the one who want to live in belize.

nothing is guaranteed in life-I have not heard of anyone that has been turned down if they have fullfilled all the requirements.However it is not a right, and noone will give a hoot how much money you have spent here-presumably you want to get a job or do you want to start a business?-work permits are relatively easy to come by especially if you start a business-a word of warning do not come here with just a few thousand dollars-if you want to spend a year here-I reckon with a good appt -decent lifestyle 40,000usd and that is if you don't drink

E
E
Double that.

B
OP Offline
B
But i dont have $40,000.

i just want to follow, study and live in belize. after studies i will apply for Permanent residency, after residency, i will start job in belize.

Last edited by BestPerson; 11/30/08 11:11 AM.
ok well go and live and study in punta gorda/dangriga or possibly cayo do not come to the islands

Originally Posted by Pedro1
-a word of warning do not come here with just a few thousand dollars-if you want to spend a year here-I reckon with a good appt -decent lifestyle 40,000usd and that is if you don't drink

Peter you got me laughing hard this morning.
BP
Tourist say often that its expensive living here.
I say an egg is 25cents,us, but an omelet at a five star restaurant is 17 dollars.so learn to cook.
I live remarkably cheap, but enjoy cooking at home.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
grin

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
P
Peter is broadly right - it does cost a great deal to live here in San Pedro. Living on the mainland is way cheaper, and you can stay in San Ignacio (which is a nice place) or the Dangriga area (which is OK) for not much more than 1/3 of what it will cost here.

But you have to decide WHY you want to be here and what you want to do. Don't plan on getting a job and supporting yourself - there is a lot of unemployment and preference is given to Belizeans. I also wouldn't plan on getting a technical education in Belize - better to go to a university in north America or Europe and come here when you have enough stability to weather the storm you'll encounter here.

The best think you can do is to come here for 3 months as a holiday and once here look and listen. You'll learn far more that way, and it'll be cheaper than jumping in with both feet.

B
OP Offline
B
but i heard that:

Room with bath: contains two single beds,two chairs, two closets with seperate shared bathrooms for men and women down the hall. Price: $240BZD a month if only one person or $130BZD a month if two person.

I am planning to sattle in belize, i will take admission in University, I am very technical person, I am Very expert in computing field. So should i not join Belize?

Also there is opportunity in belize to get Permanent residency after one year. But 40k is impossible for this purpose.

P
P
Come here and see for yourself.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.