Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
richNYC Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi -

I'll be visiting AC for the first time in December with my girlfriend, staying at Coconuts. We're doing the cayo thing at ian anderson's before heading to AC.

We'll go to Hol Chan/Shark Alley. Any other recommended snorkeling spots?

Who are some good guides to look for?

We also want to take a trip to Lamanai from AC. Again, any suggestions on guides or other ruins to see would be great.

Thanks,
Rich

J
J
for your Lamanai trip i suggest Daniel Nunez
with Tanisha Tours he's great. Also Mexico Rocks for another snorkeling site north of town. Bradely brothers out of victoria house are excellent for snorkeling or Alfonz Graniel (he has a website off of this one) is another good choice. Have fun...Josh

Daniel Nunez's Lamanai Trip is extensively covered at: http://TanishaTours.com/lamanai.html

Alfonse Graniels site is at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/alfonso/

Other tour guides at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/tours/

diving and snorkeling guides at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/diving/

Rich,

Manuel from Searious is an awesome snorkel guide. Really shows you a lot and is very patient with everyone in your group.

As far as Lamanai, Herman from Seaduced is a great guide as well.

Try a night snorkel at Hol Chan. We went with Amigos Del Mar dive shop. It was unique to see the night activity and snorkel with moonlight and flashlights.
Also Mexico Rocks, Tres Cocos and the channel with the wreck are my favorite snorkel spots.

P
P
We just got back from AC last night and found an absolutely wonderful guide named Tulu who is an independent and works from the Coral Beach pier. He's a PADI dive master as well as a fishing guide. There were 4 of us and the first trip we booked with him was for drop fishing and then snorkeling at Hol Chan. Two days later we booked with him just to go fishing and he only charged us $125 US for each day (total, not per person). That's quite a deal! You can reach him at either the dock, or his phone number is 2817. You'll enjoy his ribald humor and endless stories of growing up on the water in Belize.

B
B
I thought the boat Winnie Estelle was cool. A converted trawler, it day trips to Hol Chan fueled by rum punches made by hector. If you like to mingle a little and hav e aguided snorle trip, try Robert of the Winnie Estelle

I'll vouch for Daniel Nunez also. awesome trip to Lamanai. Pricey @ &125us and arduous as it is a 12 hour day in open boats and bus. However worth the price.

A
A
I am trying to choose between a trip to Altun Ha or the one to Lamanai, does anyone have any suggestions?

E
E
richNYC, We (my wife & 1) stayed at Lamanai Outpost Lodge and had an outstanding experience. The people are fantastic and our guide superb. It is fairly expsenive, ~US$1,200 for 3 days ALL INCLUSIVE, but well worth it. We never had more than 6 people in our tour groups.

This place isn't for the faint of heart. You will have roomates of the 6-8 legged variety but typically harmless. There is no AC but all Cabanas have fans.

The owners are onsite on truely understand customer service. This was the highlight of our trip and will definately go back.

I didn't snorkel on AC but I dove with 2 organizations. I would recommend Amigos Del Mar, a well run operation.

Regardless, you love BZ.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.