Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Finally a New Road around the airport! We have been talking about this for Ten years. The traffic is getting worse everyday with all the popularity of our little island.

The bottle neck at Tropic Air has been something we have been trying to live with, while we find new solutions.

Imagine a dump truck loaded with material on either side of the street. The road comes to a halt, no one can back up, pull in or pull out. Just yesterday a truck stalled and I waited happily talking to a friend in the cart behind me, we were there for ten - 15 minutes. Imagine if we had a medical emergency or Fire.

//ambergriscaye.com/art/Picture1581x.jpg is a unofficial map of the road, people have been sending us photo's and asking on a regular basis of the progress. The road will go from San Pablo to Maya Air (Town). Will it be paved? we don't know. Rumours say that Mr. Bowen will be helping with the financing of the New Bridge.

One thing is for sure this will help with the traffic on our main cobblestone streets.

The airport authority has had a heck of a time keeping people from cutting across the Runway. This will really change the dynamics of the island. At this point people have to travel all the way around the island if they live on the west side of the Airstrip. The temptation is just to much,people would find a spot in the fence and cut threw.This would save them time heading to work or school ,specially if the road is bad from rain.

http://investinbelize.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-road-around-san-pedro-airport.html
l

Finally!!! Its been a long time coming, maybe now they will keep from cutting the fence.

Reality..What a concept!
B
B
sorry papa
The only thing that will stop the jaywalking is a tunnel.
It may be a nice road but its still a long way around.
It will be nice to get the taxis and the trucks back there though.

Marty "new bridge" where?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
B
B
They need a bridge in the San Pablo area to cross a channel
Why not just fillit back again the way it was 15 years ago.

The scariest part of skydiving in San Pedro is crossing the street from the SunBreeze to the airstrip!

Last edited by reaper; 12/06/08 04:39 PM.
Originally Posted by Marty
Finally a New Road around the airport! We have been talking about this for Ten years. The traffic is getting worse everyday with all the popularity of our little island.

The bottle neck at Tropic Air has been something we have been trying to live with, while we find new solutions.

<snip>

Will it be paved? we don't know. Rumours say that Mr. Bowen will be helping with the financing of the New Bridge.

http://investinbelize.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-road-around-san-pedro-airport.html

Hey Marty,
I'm reading words like "will" and "imagine" that tell me the road is still in the planning stages. If that's so, do we have an idea if/when construction will start? By the way, the blogspot link at the bottom doesn't seem to work.

Dan

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
The road is being worked on. There is only a stretch of about 500 ft or so that needs to be filled or bridged at the end of the run way area to connect San Pablo to the San Pedrito road.

T
T
Hey Dan, Try the link again. Seems to be working fine,I just tried it.Let me know if you have a problem so I can let Tina Know. Thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.