Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#313936 - 12/06/08 10:18 PM Why do you keep going back to the same place?11/08
carbunkletrumpet Offline
I have always laughed at people who ask me that question and then don’t get it when I explain it to them we found a place that we love and why tempt fate with going to another country. Oh well your loss is our gain!
We are going to do this trip report different as we pretty much hit all the old haunts that we have done in the past (if it isn't broken don't fix it is our mantra) so this time we are going to let the pictures speak for the trip. We did make a trip to the mainland and I am going to work on an official trip report when I have some time. On a side note, we had a blast finally meeting those who I have shared keyboard conversations with over the past year and here is to many many more trips down to the island that everyone loves. One funny story though that I want to share with the class;
KC Cart Diver and I were talking at the split @ Cauker on Saturday and were talking about the group that made the trip that day and he remarks how good of friends everyone is and that is pretty special in today’s society. I remark that technically other than TQ and Taco because of the February trip, I just formally met everyone either today or last night from the cruise as we all have a common bond being the island, the reef and or its people. He looks at me and remarks “Dude I got to get on that board, this is wild!”

So with that I thank all of those who made Shawna, Maria and my trip so great this time and we look forward to seeing you if not in February but another time. I keep saying that each trip gets better and better and also harder and harder for us to not want to go back home, one of these days you Ex-Pats and Belizeans are going to be stuck with us!
And now the pictures http://www.pbase.com/carbunkletrumpet/belize_november_08

#313945 - 12/07/08 12:10 AM Re: Why do you keep going back to the same place?11/08 [Re: carbunkletrumpet]
NYgal Offline
Great show! Better than - well - just better laugh
Thank you for sharing smile

#313948 - 12/07/08 02:09 AM Re: Why do you keep going back to the same place?11/08 [Re: NYgal]
azbob Offline
Absolutely great!!!

#313953 - 12/07/08 07:07 AM Re: Why do you keep going back to the same place?11/08 [Re: azbob]
kerry Offline
great pix!!!!

#313954 - 12/07/08 01:59 PM Re: Why do you keep going back to the same place?11/08 [Re: carbunkletrumpet]
chunkyruth Offline
Great slideshow CB! I kept watching the pic numbers go by like pages on a book I that don't want to end. But please...don't be so humble...none of the Sauce off you won???? (Oh, and I already pinched one of your photos for my blog!)

#313964 - 12/07/08 04:28 PM Re: Why do you keep going back to the same place?11/08 [Re: chunkyruth]
ScubaLdy Offline
Ruth - you are such a liar - you are NOT chunky! I hate you!

#313973 - 12/07/08 05:43 PM Re: Why do you keep going back to the same place?11/08 [Re: ScubaLdy]
chunkyruth Offline
Oh Scuba...I'm growing into the handle every year, but thanks!

Actually, the nickname Chunky belongs to my partner in crime, true name Arthur. His mom thought he was a chunky little baby, and the name has stuck for almost 60 yrs!

#313976 - 12/07/08 06:33 PM Re: Why do you keep going back to the same place?11/08 [Re: chunkyruth]
terrielinn Offline
Great pics. Thanks for the SP fix! smile

#313978 - 12/07/08 06:48 PM Re: Why do you keep going back to the same place?11/08 [Re: chunkyruth]
Mikeywaz Offline
Great pictures - looks like a great time! Thanks for sharing.

#314351 - 12/10/08 11:03 PM Re: Why do you keep going back to the same place?11/08 [Re: Mikeywaz]
MALIBU Offline
Great pics! Wonderful captions!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,036 Topics
462,242 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.