Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#314106 12/08/08 06:05 PM
C
CCsoon Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hello all! I am just wondering how the busy season has started on the island with all the economic turmoil in the states. Do things seem as normal?

P
P
It is what it is........

Last edited by peterfromcanada; 12/08/08 06:49 PM.
wow. such insight.....

some of us might actually be interested in how things are going down there.

"Neutrality, at times, is a greater sin than belligerence" - Brandeis
i am involved in the tourism business and from what i can see it could be a lot better. but i guess its the same all over.

C
C
For those truly interested...for us we are doing pretty well. High Season is not yet here. Christmas to Easter. Lots of theories being thrown around..Bookings for lodging seem to be doing well even with the new hotels and additional 100 plus rooms on the island. also unlike San Pedro we have a much smaller community that takes less people to fill up and less competition. On the other side 5 or 6 years ago the high season seemed to me to be much busier, seems things have been on a downward trend since then. too many snorkel shops, hotels etc. Belize has become one if not the most expensive country in central America to visit, Largely due to its debt and government which does not help with tourism in these times.....

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
M
M
I was in C.C. about 3 weeks ago it seemed fairly busy, but I didn't have any problems getting a room. I tried to get a room for a trip that we are planning toward the end of Jan. or first part of Feb. and the place we normaly stay was booked through Feb.I'm starting to look at other places when I get my dates nailed down. C.C. doesn't have the really high end lodging that A.C. and others have and seems to attract a budget minded crowd.

I'm sure the economy in the US and elsewhere is bound to affect it sooner or later though.I have a son that works reservations for Southwest Airlines and he claims that their bookings haven't changed much.

I think with Mexico that the government/tourism people somehow subsidize airlines to help bring in tourists. It's kind of a chicken and egg thing, Belize can't afford to help too much but they also need tourism dollars togrow the economy.

Mark

A
A
Things are normal. I have not yet heard anybody complaining. Of course, we won't get a true picture until the season starts, but for the moment, the holidays are coming along as normal.

Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize
www.auxilloubeachsuites.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day