Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Leo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I'm trying to find a moderate rate for a 3 week stay. I thought I would book a cheap hotel for the first week and then look around for a better hotel once I'm there.
Can I do better on a walk-in and negotiate a room?
Some better looking hotels want me to book for the whole three weeks to get a minor discount but I don't want to book 3 weeks and find out I don't like it.

Any suggestions about HotelDelRio(thatchCabanaChica), CoralSea, or Rubies?

Where would you stay for 3 weeks for $50-65 p/night???????

F
F
Rubies is good, but you only have a room, you can go over to the Holiday hotel, right next door to have drinks, food, etc. We stayed at rubies on our 2nd trip there 3 years ago and had a great beach front room with a balcony,, If your on a budget, that's the place to stay.. or you can try the holiday.. It's alittle more expensive but you have so much more at you disposal...
Rick and Cheri

L
Leo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks for your reply,
I would like to have a fridge and coffee maker.
Still need to know where you would stay and last min walk-ins since you may have seen and heard about other hotels. Are there too many mosquitos up by the river Del Rios hotel?? Anyone seen the inside of the thatch Cabana single house their?
Leo

J
J
We stayed at Cabana Grande at Hotel del Rio in January and really liked it. It's not your typical hotel and not very service oriented; but every one was friendly & the price was right. It is dark inside (all wood with thatched roof & ceiling fan)and simply decorated. It is one large room with 2 single beds & a double & also a hammock. There is a kitchen with a small fridge, sink, stove, some utensils, table & chairs. There were mosquitos inside, but they weren't that bad; they weren't too bad outside in that area either. The bathroom is very small with a shower & sink & a toilet sitting on top of a few steps. Hotel del Rio is very laid back; we had a great time there on a beautiful beach.

L
Leo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks to John and Lynn,

Right to the point! We've talked to a couple other people since this post and have verified what you have said. That sounds like what we want. Square white rooms are too common wherever you go.
Our last place was a tree house in a jungle......minus electric and very little water although we never new how much we missed electricity.

I have talked with the owner and they seem quite fair with price for a 3 weeek stay.
Thanks again,
Leo
Feel free to e-mail any other comments:
[email protected]

C
C
As a second thought, I've stayed at Lily's
many times and 3 weeks this summer $50,
however, sooooo many nights we were shhhhh
(quieting) people who were right outside the
door...it got very frustrating, the noise
level...nice room though, fridge...don't
eat at Lily's restaurant....far different
from the old days and I got very sick this
summer on lobster!!!!!(Dr. called in)

L
Leo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi Charri,
Thanks for your reply,
We decided on a hotel about a half mile North of town. I know what you mean about 'people hangin around' outside the room. It should be quiet where we are going.
So...since you've been there where would you stay if you had a choice????
Thanks to everyone for your helping us make a decision.

Leo and Gloria

J
J
Glad to hear Hotel del Rio is alive & well- have a great trip Leo & Gloria.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.