Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P

We do not have a long way to go, Peter.

It is they who have a long way to go.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
P
OP Offline
P
It's worrying that there are people who think like this, possibly millions of them.

Chairman of the society of Muslim Lawyers. That explains a lot.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
F, Islam and F, the Secularists! mad

H
H
So much for the Constitution and religious freedom.

Are you refering to the religious freedom references in the US constitution? How does that apply to this guy?

I wonder if he is going to sue Christians, or just blow them up. What a quandry he must be in.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
"Every Christian has a responsibility to protect his family from the misguidance of Ramadan, because its observance will lead to hellfire. Protect your Heaven from being taken away - protect yourself and your family from Ramadan."

Hmmmm. how would the press be any diffrent if Rick Warren said this.......?

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Rick Warren might not have said that, but he's made awfully similar comments:
HANNITY: Am I advocating something dark, evil or something righteous [by saying we should kill Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad]?

WARREN: Well, actually, the Bible says that evil cannot be negotiated with. It has to just be stopped. And I believe�

HANNITY: By force?

WARREN: Well, if necessary. In fact, that is the legitimate role of government. The Bible says that God puts government on earth to punish evildoers. Not good-doers. Evildoers.

I have heard very similar comments from more than one "evangelical" pulpit . . .

personally, I don't have a problem with another religion saying they are the "only way" - most of mainstream Christianity has taught that for a very long time.

Is it at all possible that actions like this are a more accurate reflection of the attitudes of most followers of Islam?
http://www.newsweek.com/id/42707

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Very different Leah-Ann. One is a pronouncement against partaking in religious traditions outside of one's faith and the other is speaking out against a head of state that has called all Jews "pigs" and is developing nuclear weapons with the likely intent to wipe another nation "off the map." I don't particularly like either confrontational stand from religious leaders -- but they are very different regardless.

As for your link...
"from countries as diverse as Egypt, Turkey, Russia, Syria, Jordan, Palestine and Iraq."

I admire these grand ayatollahs and moftis -- good for them!

However, were they representative of at least 50% of the world's Muslims, I'd be even more impressed. This country list is not very "diverse" in the sense they have long had peaceful relationships between religious communities not part of a theocracy. Even Syria isn't very surprising when one considers this criteria.

If I saw something similar from the grand ayatollah's of Iran, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and countless others with horrible records on peaceful attitudes toward religious pluralism we'd be saying something.

I am proud that churches, synagogues, and temples of all kinds can be built in the world's largest historically Christian countries and across all continents where Christianity thrives. Can the same be said for most Islamic nations?

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.