Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
OP Offline
P
Here is the top 10 list of most irresponsible reasons for abandoning a dog, per http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3776640/Owners-give-up-dogs-because-it-doesnt-match-the-sofa.html:

:: "My dog doesn't match the sofa."

:: "The dog looks evil and has different coloured eyes, just like David Bowie."

:: "My black dog doesn't match new white carpet, can we swap him for a white dog?"

:: "My current dog is too old, can we swap for a puppy or younger model?"

:: "My dog ate the Christmas turkey cooling on the worktop."

:: "My pet guinea pig got worried with a dog in the house."

:: "The dog opened all the presents on Christmas Eve."

:: An owner who accidentally knelt in dog mess while cleaning it up brought the dog in the very next day.

:: A puppy bought as a present for elderly couple with dementia.

:: The negative image of Staffordshire Bull Terriers because of their perceived resemblance to Pit Bull-style dogs.

Sad, Peter.

Just a thought... one could substitute the word "husband" for "dog" in most of those!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
boy, people sure can suck when they put their minds to it.

i actually know someone rescued 2 jack russell mixes from a couple who had a baby, and were upset that the dogs barked. before this couple gave the dogs away, they had their vocal chords cut. i never knew one was even allowed to do that to another creature.

for what it is worth, the 2 dogs, tho they bark funny, are happy with their new family.

Sad. Remember, to a dog, you are family. To a cat, you are staff.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Mean and stupid people suck! Although I think the original post was a joke there are many stupid reasons people give up their furry family members. One of the craziest was that the dog barked. IT'S A DOG!!!! IT BARKS!!!! Ugh. The most stupid one was 'She keeps having babies'.

Educate your young'uns to spay and neuter. Please.

P
OP Offline
P
It wasn't a joke. It's what was actually said to a major animal charity in Britain.

While I was volunteering in a shelter, a young lady brought in a dog she had adopted about 2 months earlier. The agreement is that if you get rid of the animal, you must bring it back, not give it away. When asked why she was returning it, she said it was too big for her apartment. The admin lady asked if it was the same apartment she lived in when she took the dog. She said, "Yes, but the puppy got bigger".

Some people should be branded 'no pets'.

Now live from beautiful downtown San Pedro.
You can say that again! I volunteer with an animal rescue group and we have no problem turning people down if we feel they are not able to figure out how to be a responsible mom or dad to a dog or cat. I just hate it when I call to follow up on an adoption and the people tell me they got fido his own bowl.

HUH???? His own bowl? The people in your household do eat of their own plate don't they?

The bowl helps keep the food in one place, thus making it easier for Fido to dine.

The people in my household drink alcohol with some meals so there has to be a line somewhere. LOL

But, we are OWNED by 3 cats and that IS a whole new ball game!

Play, Love, Share and Enjoy - it doesn't last forever make sure you get the most out of it.
L
L
Ha, I am the proud owner of Chico and Cabo, 2 white flame point Siameses that like to think they are the rulers of my world!

I, too, have volunteered for certain animal causes - it makes me feel all warm and fluffy. . .

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.