Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#314913 12/16/08 04:16 PM
D
OP Offline
D
I just stumbled upon Mata Grande grocery site on the web. Do they still deliver? We are staying at Calm Caye Villa at 4.5 miles north. Their prices are cheaper then Lagniappe and needless to say, their delivery charge is a lot cheaper. Is there some hidden reason that they are cheaper? Suggestions? Also, does Belkin deliver directly to a villa?

S
S
I do wonder that myself, having checked a bunch of items I find the price is exactly the same as Lagniappe. Funny, I also find that the items and categories are almost exactly the same, almost as if one had downloaded a Lagniappe order form and then posted it on a website. Lagniappe's delivery charge covers staff, boat and fuel and nothing more.

I guess in the long run it comes down to 6 years of high quality service with hundreds of repeat customers vs. a downloaded order form slapped up on a website.

I'll check with the distributors in the morning, I believe they will deliver to the end of the dock but at no set time. You also have to pre-pay in town. If you want to go that route it's probably more convenient to take it up yourself.

i sure have many many years of wonderful service from Lagniappe

S
S
Thanks for that Marty!

I won't bore everyone here with the details but if you want to learn about the level of effort Lagniappe puts into each order it's detailed on the website: http://www.lagniappe-belize.com/services.htm

E
E
Simon, knocks offs never last

We ordered from you last year Simon and everything was just great. Will be placing another order soon for February. You can't beat your service, choice of products, and reputation. Cheaper does not always mean better!

D
OP Offline
D
Dear ambergrishog,
I was appalled at your response to my entry. I certainly do NOY believe in anyway that I implied I was an "expert on prices via a website". It is not my OPINION on who has cheaper prices. Mata Grande's site listed over a dozen items with cheaper prices - not an opinion of mine but a direct quote from their website. If you read the entire entry I did ask if there was some "hidden reason" they seemed cheaper - like not listing all costs, service charges, etc. That is why I posted. I certainly appreciated Simon B's response. I feel he was answering very honestly. And as for coming to AC, if everyone is as "friendly" as you, I believe our party of 6 needs to rething that vacation spot and seek some place where the people are friendly and not so quick to view others in a negative way. Not a very pretty picture of AC from someone who uses "a webiste to post a report/question".
PS Thanks to Simon B, Marty, Ernie and all who responded concerning this issue. Sure sounds like my money is on Simon B and Lagniappe Provisioning.

yeah thats why i deleted the ambergrishog response. was hoping you hadn't seen it. i thought it was rude to a newcomer. sorry for the offense.

P
P
Once you get here and see the geography you'll appreciate Lagniappe even more!

D
OP Offline
D
Thank you Marty - You have renewed my faith in the fellow man. Sure sounds like Lagniappe does a wonderful job. Way ot go Simon and company!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.