Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
We just returned from AC last night and had an absolutely wonderful time!

If anybody's worried about hurricane damage ruining your vacation, it's not a problem (at least downtown it wasn't). We even spoke with european tourists who didn't even realize there had been a hurricane! This was our first trip, so obviously I have no point of reference before Keith, but we all really enjoyed our stay.

The people of San Pedro are truly special. I have travelled extensively and have never found a better group of locals! My elderly parents spent the majority of the week "visiting" with their new-found friends in San Pedro.

My boyfriend and I went with Herman from Seaduced on the Manatee trip and saw several Manatees, and a lone dolphin feeding in the shallows. We snorkeled at Goffs Caye and were fed a wonderful lunch. Went to Shark/Ray alley where the tourists far out- numbered the sharks and rays. Seaduced crew didn't get in the water or provide any food for the sharks and rays, so they didn't come over to our boat. If you wanted to see them up close, you had to go join another group. I don't enjoy getting kicked and bumped into constantly while I'm snorkeling, so wasn't that disappointed that we spent such a short amount of time there. We had a good mix of people on our boat who were a lot of fun, but I wouldn't recommend the trip. Not with Seaduced at any rate.

We hired Tulu from the Coral Beach dock who took the 4 of us out fishing and snorkeling and we had such a great time, we booked him again for just fishing before we left the first time. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a relaxed and fun time on his boat "Janel" and since he's an independent boat owner, his price is right! He knows all the great fishing holes and artificial reefs on the back side of the island and where to troll for baracudas in the rivers. Dad caught a jew fish that gave him a great fight and we caught several types of snapper which we shared with friends my folks had made. When Tulu took us to Hol Chan to snorkel, we were the only ones there. He swam with us for a short time, pointed out a spotted eagle ray, saw that we were comfortable and respectful in the environment and let us go on our own to explore. Nothing was rushed or kept to a schedule, it was wonderful! And so much less expensive than we had paid for just the two of us to go on the Seaduced boat. Try Tulu, you won't be disappointed! You can find him at the Coral Beach pier or call him at 2817 or 2287 and tell him that Harry and his family recommeded him (he'll remember dad!)

Also, we snorkled at Ramon's pier and found that the fish were just as good there as at Hol Chan. In fact, if you like to feed the fish when you snorkel, it's better there. They've got the best pier by far of anyone!

I should have pictures soon and will post where you can see them.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
ah, the ORIGINAL pamela lee, welcome back! i'm glad you had a good trip. we'll be waiting for the photos.

E
E
PamalaLee, I'm glad you had a good time on AC. We stayed at Captain Morgan's (north of the split) and it was the worst vacation of our lives. I wished that I hadn't left the mainland. A word of advice to potential AC visitors: stay in town! The north looks like a war zone and utilities are spotty.

Belize is a great country, I'll still go back.

P
OP Offline
P
Edwin, I was sorry to hear of your experience at Captain Morgan's. We were treated like royalty at the Holiday Hotel. The staff just did anything they could to ensure that we had a great stay. I know that your trip should have been perfect since it was your honeymoon, and I'm really sorry that it wasn't everything it should have been for that special time.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
edwin, i wish i coulda been an "i told you so" for you. when i was there in august, they were already under construction for new buildings and pool. i was up north of there at journeys end and could see it from the water taxi (which JE runs for free to guests 2x daily each way). if you would have checked this board before you went, i had posted it. i'm sorry, but i understand. i had a sucky honeymoon elsewhere, but 15 years later...we're still together. just one week out of a lifetime. smile.

L
L
We're due to arrive next Wednesday. What problems should we expect if we are staying north of the cut? Is water taxis the only way to get into town? We were told there is generator power. Would this be a problem? First time trip!

O
O
Do you have any idea how loud a generator is ? It will be running ALL nite long. If it isn't big enough you may not have air conditioning. Not trying to rain on your parade, but you might want to check it out before you go.

P
P
Pamela Lee: Sorry we missed you. we had the same time frame in SP. And JanePA is correct when she suggests Edwin might have queried the message board about the situation. As for him, I must tell him that our daughter called today (she just got back), and her party was supposed to have been picked up by the Capt. Morgan's boat to go up there for dinner Wednesday night and be returned to town (they would pay, of course). No boat. Daughter's party ate at Fido's, which is fine. So Edwin's comments appear quite valid. Capt. Morgan's may be cleaned up, but their personnel situation apparently isn't. Shame, shame.

F
F
lizzurd, there probably won't be electricity for a few more weeks north of the cut...if possible, try to get a room at the Holiday Hotel...you'll have a great time!!they do have generators, but it's expensive to run them a long time.

P
OP Offline
P
Lizzurd, I'll vouch for the Holiday Hotel, that's where we stayed and they were wonderful to us. Nice clean rooms, air conditioning and some rooms have a frige too. I wouldn't go north of the cut yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.