Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
Read today in another place - "I love Christmas and I love the meaning of Christmas...".

What in your view is the "meaning of Christmas"?

A commemoration of the birth of Jesus. But I participated in a lot of Christmas plays when I was growing up and that skews my viewpoint. We were too poor for it to mean a commemoration of Macy's bottom line.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
H
H
Family... and winter solstice

C
C
Uh....winter solstice....and vacation to a warm climate!

H
H
I'll be there Christmas eve cool

Originally Posted by Peter Jones
What in your view is the "meaning of Christmas"?

Its a deep seated and personal belief that I'm not comfortable sharing.....

Well, that and Chocolate smile

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
S
S
Not a big fan early on- too much church/ religion without the spirituality + Santa never brought me what I wanted (especially the pony!).

Much later in life, cherish the years of spending the holidays with my dysfunctional family - on Christmas morning, have brunch (complete with cheap champagne for mimosas), exchange presents that no one wants, play rook, plan bargain shopping for the next day (this part I still hate, but it's peer pressure people!) and try to work in a nap somewhere.

Will miss it this year (was looking for the icon with a tear, but so such luck).

Am looking forward, however, to my first Christmas on Ambergris Caye!

T
T
Merry Christmas and God Bless to you all...

From Wikipedia,

Christmas (IPA: /krɪsməs/), also referred to as Christmas Day or Christmastide, is an annual holiday celebrated on December 25 that marks and honors the birth of Jesus of Nazareth.[2][3] The birth of Jesus, which is the basis for the anno Domini system of dating, is thought to have occurred between 7 and 2 BC.[4] December 25 is not thought to be Jesus' actual date of birth, and the date may have been chosen to correspond with either a Roman festival,[5] or with the winter solstice.

E
E
Thats just wonderful. You would have been better off saying nothing.

Children, grandchildren, family, friends, work associates, strangers all enjoying an almost magical time of the year. Saying "Merry Christmas" to everyone and wishing them a safe and happy New Year. A time for sharing and giving, Attitudes change during this season, at least for me and those around me. Christmas tree lights and music that you only hear once a year (for a month or longer) and almost everyone know the words to "White Christmas" and "Jingle Bells". Children opening presents Christmas morning with eyes sparkling and laughter. Christmas season marks the ending of one year and with New Year the beginning of a new year. A truly special time of the year!!!!

Merry Christmas to all!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.