Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#316135 12/28/08 01:50 PM
OP Offline
Barb and I will be laying over for the evening on our return flights in late February. Any suggestions for hotel and place for a little eats?

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
I lived in Atlanta for years and still visit family there. I think I may have some ideas, but I would like a bit more information about your layover first.

Are you planning on staying near the airport area or going more toward Atlanta itself? What kind of food are you looking for? As for hotels, well... I would highly recommend that you go with a reputable hotelier. I don't think I would want to stay in any of the lower cost places especially by the airport. It is a very transient area.

There are some great hole in the wall places as well as some more upscale places that may suit your fancy depending on where you choose to stay.

It's great to be .....

J
J
Whenever we have an overnight layover, which happens fairly frequently, we use Priceline and bid on a three star hotel by the airport. That way they almost always have a shuttle, a bar and a restaurant. The amount we pay varies from city to city, and what night of the week it is. But, it's usually less than 50% of the rack rate. Sometimes quite a bit less.

JeanH #316309 12/29/08 07:41 PM
OP Offline
We will only have about 12 hours by the time we clear customs and need to return for he departing flight. Priceline sounds like a decent idea. All in all I'd say we don't want to get much further than 15 minutes from the airport via taxi or shuttle. Normally KLCMAN has some ideas......You around my friend?

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
E
E
KLC is round alright grin

Stay at the Hilton Airport...it's right near the airport and has a good restaurant and bar...you can take a taxi

Grace DeVita
Grace #316407 12/30/08 01:49 PM
I agree with Grace. It is good, reputable, clean and the restaurant is pretty good too.

It's great to be .....

K
K
If you bid on Priceline, you will get Westin, Sheraton, or Hilton and all are good. I epecially like the Hilton; stayed ther Sunday night.

KathyA #316428 12/30/08 03:42 PM
Bear in mind that you will have to re check luggage, and most likely* will not be allowed to do that until the following morning, so pick one bag for overnight and most importantly leave room for repacking you duty free liquids!

*Airline reps are often in the baggage area imeadiatley after immigration, are sometimes willing to help with rechecking, especially if you have an early morning flight, and are adept at looking pitiful

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.