Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
OP Offline
G
Please do not quit Ernie!!!! I really would like to meet you and talk if you are going to be there while I am.. Remember! quitting is never an option laugh

Why?, if quitting is "never an option" are you thinking of quitting the States and moving to Belize, don't get me wrong but IMHO quitting for the right reason{s} is always an option. grin

Reality..What a concept!
You know you have been a boarder too long when......

Ernie AND Jesse agree with one of your posts!

Mrs. Greenthumb, TAKE THE KIDS!, everyone else who has them does.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
P
P
On budgetting, why don't you take advice from people who already live here? There are always extras and although they're often difficult to analyse and quantify, that doesn't stop them happening. Accept the sorts of amounts that people have been saying it will cost you to live here. If your finances are so tight that careful analysis of detail could sway your decision then you're sailing too close to the wind. Belize is an expensive place to live, AC especially.

A point of detail. When I suggested buying a bike rather than renting one I thought you were staying for a month or more. For a short stay certainly rent. But I meant what I said about locks - most of those available here are rubbish.

You say you are currently a business owner. What kind of business? How long in business? This might help the SP ex-pats advise you further.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
G
OP Offline
G
I own a Landscape construction and maintenance Company. I have been doing this for 8 yrs.
Nick

Last edited by Greenthumb; 12/30/08 04:27 PM.
Defining a budget makes sense to me - it is way to easy to spend more than you think here.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Laurie!

"Our yearly revenue usually runs between _____ to ________ with 8-10 employees."

Nick

Then you can afford to take the wife and kids.

Hell, you can afford to take me and my family too. I'll be your tour guide.

Last edited by Belize-N-Us; 12/30/08 04:15 PM.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
Landscaping? So instead of your hiring Belizean immigrants in your business, they can hire you in theirs!

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.