Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Short Offline OP
OP Offline
New digs for San Pedro BDF

[Linked Image] The Belize Defense Force (BDF), Anti Drug Unit (ADU) and Coast Guard arrived on the island a few weeks ago. Together, the three entities have been monitoring and controlling the crime on the island making the caye safer for its residents and visitors. Housing, however, has always been an issue since there was no adequate barracks for them to reside at.

Now, 12 officers of the peace have two houses that they call home. The two houses will reside in the lot rented to SPBA by Cal and Amanda Syme. The Symes handed the property to SPBA at a rate of $1 a year for a term of five years, with the possibility of continuing the contract for five more years.

One of the structures will house the sleeping quarters complete with 16 bunk beds while the other will be a "mess hall" with a kitchen and living room area. According to Chairman Elito Arceo, through the past few weeks, donations of linens, kitchen and household items were generously handed over to SPBA. These were used inside the homes.

http://www.sanpedrosun.net/08-493.html

Live and let live
P
P
Thank you Cal and Amanda

B
B
It takes a village/community. Thank you so much to the Symes and everyone that contributed to this most worthy cause. It does make a difference.

T
T
Anyone that would like to contribute funds to this worthy cause can contact The San Pedro Business association.We still need water and bathroom facilities.The housing For our emergency responders has been brilliantly executed,we however have to finish ,and need some additional funds.I ask all businesses to join the S.P.B.A.,the cost is Min. People who are not in business here in S.P.can join.Over the years this org. has shown to be a huge success for our community.

T
T
again , Thank you Cal and Amanda

Excellent work Cal and Amanda!

2 questions;

1)What is still needed (small in size and weight) that can be brought down from the US (in place of Indian spices, Amanda !)

2) Is there a provision at customs entering Belize for bringing in donations such as these?

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
T
T
Funds,Thanks Pug I will contact Rebbeca who is spearheading this,maybe some plumbing parts .
Could you P.M. me you e-mail if it is not in your profile.
THANKS Pug!

T
T
Customs is a tuffy, if we cant get it threw easily for you . I will pay the duty.

WHAT! My indian spices....sniffle....

Okay, I can sacrifice - for now!

I am waiting to find out what kind of $$$ amount is needed to finish the project.

As far as things for the housing project, I want to walk through the place and see what we need. Most things I believe we can buy here, and again, funds are the best donation.

Duty free is possible but there are a lot of steps that need to be followed, specific letters from the ministry of finance and defense letters to start with - on small items it is just not worth the effort.

Thanks for the continued support to all!!

P
P
I should have thought a priority was getting utilities connected. They don't have water, but do they have sewage?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.