Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
They have access to water and there are septic tanks. Electricity was around $5,000 (negotiated down from $8K) At some point I am thinking you will realize that we are in Belize and nothing happens without constant pressure, assistance and money. Unless you have something constructive to say or do with the project please stop assuming, presuming and thinking about things - it's annoying being criticized by folks that haven't rolled up their sleeves to help.

P
P
How was what I said "presuming" or "criticism"? I believed from what had been said by others that these basics weren't yet in place, as they wouldn't be on a piece of undeveloped land, and merely remarked that they would be the first call on funds. I'm sorry if this quite innocuous statement touched a raw nerve, but don't throw it back on me.

T
T
Peter would you help us?

T
T
Peter,
Would you set a side 1 hour on Tuesday, I would like to show you some of the progress (226-40000. Maybe we can meet some of the guys,If we are lucky ;chat with the soldiers and Coast Guard . After 4p.m is best for the troops.We believe you will be a huge asset to our fundraising efforts AND COMMUNITY SPIRIT. Peter I know you care , swing buy and I will meet up with ya. Together we make a better San Pedro! Peter I think you can play a big role.
Best
T

Last edited by Tim Callanan; 01/01/09 08:04 PM.
Peter, I am always open for constructive criticism - of course that means if you don't have something productive to contribute, don't bother wasting your breath in criticism. Sorry about my recent comment on this thread, I just get very exasperated when people that have lived here for many years can still make such remarks without providing solutions.

I popped by the barracks the other day -the troops are just so polite and the place is starting to shape up very nicely.

Yes Tim, we still need contributions - cash would be most helpful, but there are some household items still needed to make life more comfortable for the guys and indeed some fund raising efforts are always welcomed.

T
T
Love it!! please let me know the list of items.When you get a minute ,Please e mail at your earliest convenience
Best Tim

JZB Offline
I think it would be wise for the SPBA to make their wishlist public. I would like to see it also.

JZB the list will be publicized as soon as we have a comprehensive compilation. I will ensure you receive it.

As always we are just juggling a few too many balls and can't sit down and get it done!

Thanks to all for your interest and your desire to assist.

P
P
There was a list on this board a couple of weeks ago.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 266 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.