Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#316643 01/01/09 07:34 PM
L
OP Offline
L
I'm looking into doing a day trip to the mainland when I arrive later this month and was wondering if there are any tour companies on AC that combine Altun Ha with the zoo? The only ones I can find combine it with the spa, but I'm not really interested in that. If that is the only option, I've seen quite a range of prices for it (from $58US with Excalibur to $90US through Monkey Business and Tanisha) and was wondering if there are any differences that would account for such a large price difference. It looks like they cover the same things.. boat ride, stop at Bomba, spa, etc... but I want to make sure I'm really comparing apples to apples.

Tanisha is the best, IMHO.

reaper #316654 01/01/09 10:40 PM
P
P
I've always heard good reports of Tanisha, but Seduced are very good as well, and the owners of that business do a lot of good in the community in many ways.

S
S
I don't believe anyone does a tour with Altun Ha and Belize Zoo as they're so far apart. Most operators combine Belize Zoo with a cave tubing or Zip Line tour. If it's wildlife you want to see you're better off doing the Lamanai tour instead of Altun Ha.

SimonB #316755 01/03/09 07:53 AM
my personal opinion - altun ha is very very uneventful trip. the smallest and least interesting of the 6 mayan sites i've seen.

i can suggest a full day trip to Lamanai with Tanisha Tours (Daniel is THE BEST!!!!). http://tanishatours.com/

we did Lamanai with our 2 sons in August, and tho it is a long day, we had a BLAST. we saw lots of wildlife (including manatees, howler & spider monkeys), and learned bunches.

[Linked Image]

We have been to Lamanai twice. First just the two of us, then we took the entire family. Went with Searious both times, and had a good experience. I would also highly recommend Lamanai.

kris48 #316799 01/03/09 01:15 PM
S
S
I was not impressed with tanisha very disappointed as a matter of fact after the rave reviews. I would go with someone else next time.

suecate #316995 01/04/09 09:45 PM
IMNSHO, Tanisha is the only way I would ever consider ANY mainland trip from AC. Daniel rocks!! Suecate's comment, and she certainly is entitled to share it, is the first negative comment I have ever seen/heard with respect to Tanisha - and that goes back a long time. That said, Seaduced gets great evals as well.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
klcman #317326 01/06/09 04:04 PM
B
B
just got back and went to AH and cave tubing, I just can't imagine someone not being impressed with Daniel's work, but I guess everyone has a bad day every now and then.

blat #317377 01/06/09 08:58 PM
S
S
my experiance with tanisha was that I emailed 5 times to book the tour before we arrived and never had an answer. That was ok we booked when we got there to go the next day. We were quoted one price and I said I would be back to pay in US cash. We arrived to pay with exact amount and I was told the price went up when I looked at the book tthe prices had been crossed out in pen and new prices written in. The difference was $14.00 not much just the principal. I thought they should honor the original price. I was told that Daniel would decide the day of our trip. We arrive to go cave tubing and zip lining with Daniel. We were then handed over to a local tour guide who we had no idea who he was and we were never told ahead of time that this would happpen. We booked with the Daniel not the other tour guide. We made the best of it and the guide was very good. When we were leaving we got off the boat at the dock and we were then called back to the boat for the $14.00. I felt that the original price agreed upon should have been honored. I know people have had wonderful trips with him and I am glad for you. As for us we have moved on and use other tour guides. It happens.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.