Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#317156 - 01/05/09 06:42 PM 50% Off?
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
La Perla del Caribe is offering 50% off between now and Feb. 7? Are things really that bad?

--Lan Sluder

#317163 - 01/05/09 06:58 PM Re: 50% Off? [Re: Lan Sluder/Belize First]
AdvantageRealty Offline
You know what happens when you assume Lan? Of course you do as you are called on it here daily in all the local circles.

Things are actually good up at La Perla, just trying to fill some holes in the reservation chart.

If you had your ear to the ground you would know people are no longer looking to lock in far advanced bookings for fears of rising rates but searching for last minute deals on flights and accomodations. Gotta capitalize every way you can these days.

But hey, I know it's hard for you to keep up at your age. Consider it one to grow on old boy and enjoy the sunset of your life in dignity. Hopefully La Perla will make enough to advertise in one of those books you push.

Go Team Belize!

Chris Burkey
Real Estate in Belize blog

#317167 - 01/05/09 07:07 PM Re: 50% Off? [Re: AdvantageRealty]
Thanks, Chris, you're a prince.

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#317186 - 01/05/09 08:07 PM Re: 50% Off? [Re: Lan Sluder/Belize First]
Just checking La Perla's web site reservation system, of the 12 units at La Perla between 7 and 9 units (58 to 75%) were showing as available for all weekly periods between now and mid-February.

That's nothing against La Perla, which is a beautiful property, but it does suggest that in the high season when a top property like this is only around 25 to 42% booked, that things are pretty slow, at least at the high end.

--Lan Sluder

#317188 - 01/05/09 08:18 PM Re: 50% Off? [Re: Lan Sluder/Belize First]
AdvantageRealty Offline
Thanks for checking out the site. We are experimenting with this new booking engine feature. You should try it out Lan it would do you good to pay for a room now and then, in a top of the line place like you say. Tell me how well it works.

Do you have anything beneficial to add to the various industry stakeholders from within your infinite storage of knowledge?

Or are you just lonely and living out an old Hardy Boys fantasy (or was it Nancy Drew)?

See you in your villa Lan.
Chris Burkey

#317561 - 01/07/09 04:50 PM Re: 50% Off? [Re: AdvantageRealty]
Barbara K Offline
Now now. That won't help anyone. Things are very slow and everyone is offering big sales or value added items even in high season - VH, Cayo Espanto, you name it. No one is just sitting back and waiting for guests to pound down the doors. Lan has probably done more to get the word out about Belize in the last 20 years than anyone else on the planet. No need to bash him. We're all hurting.

#317568 - 01/07/09 05:45 PM Re: 50% Off? [Re: Barbara K]
Marty Offline
ouch. easy chris. Lan does mighty good work. i'd want to be on his good side.

#317738 - 01/08/09 04:55 PM Re: 50% Off? [Re: Marty]
AdvantageRealty Offline
Misery loves company, but I'm not having it. I am a happy guy and don't dwell on negatives like Lan, sorry. I'll try to keep avoiding his ALWAYS negative comments on Belize and the tourism industry.

Sorry man I get a little defensive about Belize and put my dukes up when I hear comments like above that offer nothing to help the situation before us.
Chris Burkey

#317749 - 01/08/09 06:23 PM Re: 50% Off? [Re: AdvantageRealty]
reaper Offline
Now you know how all of the Americans felt when you were the "time share salesman formerly known as SIN".
See you next month for a cold one.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,679 Topics
461,169 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.