Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#31774 12/04/00 02:07 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Mrs. Bum wasn't comfy with doing the Blue Hole. So she snorkled while we all were down. Then she did the other 2 beautiful dives
afterward. Amigoes still charged us the full amount (if you snorkel all 3 it's cheaper) but it worked out great.

#31775 12/04/00 06:05 PM
D
D
Thanks for the advice...just got an e mail back from Amigos Del Mar, and they sound like a great operation; will likely book the trip! My husband is a BIG guy- 6'1 or 2", 285 lbs- any chance they'll have a wetsuit big enough to fit him? I asked in my e mail to them, but they didn't answer that question; just quoted us rate for trip and equipment rental.

#31776 12/04/00 06:37 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I'm 5'11" and 190lb's. I was a large BCD and
an xl in the wetsuit. I could have been in an large but it was real tight. He'll need at least an xxl if not a 3x. The water temp isn't that bad.
The following is a link to a water temp site for this week. It's in celsius (9/5ths + 32 to covert). Right now the water is still 28c
(no real need for a wetsuit. But it will change.

warning this may take a while to load
http://fermi.jhuapl.edu/avhrr/gm/averages/00dec/gm_00dec03_2301_multi.gif

Maybe buy a 3 mill on line before you go for $100 (I have nothing to do with the following link) http://scuba.about.com/recreation/s...te=htt p%3A%2F%2Fwww.DiversDiscount.com

TILOS 3MM TITANIUM SHORTY
T-3 Titanium material
Front Zip Smooth chest panels to
shed water
Glued and Blindstitched throughout

MENS COLORS: Black/Blue
SIZES: Small - 2XLarge
WOMANS COLORS: Black/Purple
SIZES: XSmall - XLarge
Click for Tilos sizing chart
(Add $10 for XLarge Sizes) $89.95

[This message has been edited by Beach Bum (edited 12-04-2000).]

#31777 12/04/00 09:20 PM
D
D
David thinks he may have a friend who can lend him a wetsuit...also checked online with www.performancediver.com. They had some pretty decent prices, if you ever need to recommend to others. Thanks for your help, Beach Bum!

#31778 12/19/00 06:28 PM
T
T
Hello. Did you see the Tropica Beach Resort? How does it look? Is the bar and restaurant open? Is the pool open? Is there still a beach there? Can you swim in the water off of the beach? Is the dock still there? Do they have a dive shop up and running? Please let me know. Thanks.

#31779 12/21/00 10:42 PM
E
E
First, thanks for offering to answer everyone's questions.. it's been extremely helpful.

We are headed to AC in mid-Feb. and staying at the Mata Chica Beach Resort.
Did you happen to make it north of the cut during your stay? If so, how does it compare to the southern end of the island. Did you stop in at Mata Chica? It looks pretty nice in their literature, how was the "real thing"? And also, have they fully recovered from the hurricane.

One more question, are there any decent beaches north of the cut?

Thanks!

#31780 12/21/00 11:24 PM
S
S
Mata Chica is the best address on the entire island! Best beaches! Best service! Best everything!You will love it!

#31781 12/27/00 03:46 PM
E
E
Cap'n Jesse

Thanks for info. on Mata Chica. I am now even more exicited to visit! I kept reading the bad rap the beaches on AC were getting, so I'm very relieved by your news. Thanks!

#31782 12/27/00 08:05 PM
L
L
My husband & I are staying at Ramons. We arrive to AC on Jan 13. We are so excited about our trip!! It is our first time to AC. We are planning on finishing our open water certification while we are there. I know there is a dive shop at Ramons. I would appreciate any info on the Dive shop and restaurants, bars, etc. Our goal in AC is to completely relax while taking in some awesome dives and snorkeling. Thanks for anyone who can provide some info. Plus we can't wait to get out of these subzero temps in Montana!

#31783 12/27/00 10:04 PM
C
C
Thanx for any and all info,....I'll be in A.C. Jan 8th. Have been packing and doing final homework tonite for my visit. Call me a bit Annal. Here's the questions. Is Estel's open? I know they were torn up by Keith but suppose to be rebuilding. Has anyone been to the Mambo Restaurant at Mata Chica? Sounds good,...wondering if the transportation dependable? Where is B.C.'s? I want one of those "Panty Rippers", maybe two,...can't find them on the map I have. Now some questions about snorkel and swimming spots. I know we are planning on a day trip to C.C. and snorkeling Hol Chan, Shark Ray and Mexico rocks,...do you know about Tuffy Canyons? Tres Coco and channel? Also I found a little info on Zaak Ba Ajo Lagoon but not enough to plan a trip there. Have you heard of a place called Mar De Tumbo about a mile south of San Pedro and suppose to be a popular swimming area?
I know these are a lot of questions, I've been watching the boards for a long time planning and now I'm just 12 days away. You said to ASK. Thanx!!!
Hey Isimonsen,...maybe we'll see ya there

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.