Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
Hi Everyone,

I'm from Toronto Canada and very interested in planning a long term trip to Belize. I don't drive and want to stay in a city where I can rent a home for $300-400/month where there is a nearby beach, retail stores and entertainment around. Where is the best place to stay

Hi. There are quite a few Canadians on the board and I'm sure you will get some good advice from them and others here. I was wondering though why you think you can rent a home for $300-400 a month? It seems lots of people have the impression that Belize is inexpensive and I wonder why they think that. It's not. What gave you the impression, and again it seems to be prevalent, that it's cheap to live in Belize? Sorry, I'm just quite curious about impressions of Belize by people from different parts of the planet. Thanks and I hope you find what you are looking for!

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
Try Hopkins, Punta Gorta, or Dangriga. They are on the coast and rentals are a lot cheaper down there.

Reality..What a concept!
Best place to go to in Belize period is San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. I will not discuss expenses though.

Live and let live
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks everyone

B
OP Offline
B
I've read a lot of articles that said you can rent homes in Belize in certain cities for that amount. But I've seen expensive rentals for people with high incomes

U
U
You can rent a decent 1 bedroom apartment in San Pedro for $400, if you're talking US dollars. In other parts of Belize you can get a bigger place for that price.

P
P
Once you get away from SP all prices drop a lot, especially if you also go inland. Your need for a "nearby beach" is what makes it difficult. Dangriga (not terribly attractive) or PG (tiny and sleepy) sound your only possibilities. Depending what you mean by "city".

PG has a beach now?

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
P
P
I don't know, I've never been there. But it is on the sea, which is a start. I suppose "beach" is also capable of interpretation.

I'm assuming "city" is being used in the American sense, of an administrative district. The word means something quite different in Britain. In the British definition I'm not sure that Belize has any cities, just towns and villages.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 271 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.