Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#31804 - 11/25/00 12:18 PM Weather?
mina Offline
I am coming to Belize on 12/2 and have seen terrible weather reports for this past week and next week - cooler and rain every day? Is this typical this time of year? I don't dive and wonder what there will be to do on rainy days in AC. Any info would be appreciated! Was hoping to get some sun!

#31805 - 11/25/00 02:05 PM Re: Weather?
Sandcrab Offline
Nearly all of the weather reports refer to the mainland area or Belize City. The cayes weather is usually less rain and more breeze and sun. I have been to AC many times at this time of year and have found the weather to be mostly sunny and hot with cooling offshore breezes interspersed with short rain showers in the early morning and early evening. All in all very pleasant. Go and enjoy. It is not a major worry. If you do get one day of rain which is unlikely, find a friendly beach bar and enjoy the conversation and drinks.

#31806 - 11/26/00 09:51 PM Re: Weather?
mina Offline
Thanks a bunch, anyone else have experience of this past week? Curious what the weather actually was considering the reports said ran every day!

#31807 - 11/26/00 10:32 PM Re: Weather?
Sandshaker Offline
Mina.....I live on Ambergris Caye. We have had some rain this past week....but only a day or two that really involved the whole day.

The rain here typically comes in the form of early morning showers.....usually not lasting long. It has been sunny most of the day here...and then a little overcast this evening. In other words it blows over pretty quickly.

I don't think it will mess up your entire trip. Of course....you watch.....I tell you that and then it rains the whole week you are here....and you will blame me....LOL

Let's hope not!

[This message has been edited by Sandshaker (edited 11-26-2000).]

#31808 - 11/27/00 02:32 AM Re: Weather?
Dallas Dave Offline
Sandshaker is right. The rain he come but only in spurts. This time of year you can set your clock on it. 5 am. rain...7 pm...rain, really not a problem if you are adventurous enough to come here in the first place.

#31809 - 11/27/00 03:58 PM Re: Weather?
Daemyon Offline
Do they sell umbrellas where you live?

#31810 - 11/27/00 04:16 PM Re: Weather?
mina Offline
I am coming from New England so defintely I have an umbrella...just didn't want to use it! Well what can you do...we're going so we have to hope and pray for some sun!

#31811 - 11/27/00 05:30 PM Re: Weather?
heyjude Offline
Hey Mina,
I grew up in New England. ANY weather in AC will beat New England weather in Dec!!!! Unless you melt, a lot of outdoor things can be done in the rain - it's warm you know. Just plan to enjoy yourself and you will. jude

#31812 - 11/27/00 05:37 PM Re: Weather?
seashell Offline
Just bring one of those cheap little plastic raincoats or ponchos that roll up into almost nothing, if you are concerned. When I was there a year ago November, we were out souvenier shopping one day and got caught in a short downpour. We thought it was hilarious and it was nice for me to be almost cool for little bit. The rain stopped and we dried out right away, but I did wish I'd had a little poncho with me but it sure wasn't necessary.

The showers never bothered us a bit. We'd just seek shelter and have a Beliken, until it stopped.
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#31813 - 11/27/00 05:45 PM Re: Weather?
mina Offline
Thanks everyone...I'm not concerned...just in dire need of sunshine for mental health sakes! Our last vacation this summer it rained (and was cold) the entire time so we have bad luck...Can't wait though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.