Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
OP Offline
T
We are sending my husbands son and daughter in law down. They are flying to Cancun, bussing to Chetumal. Seems like the easiest thing to do would be take a taxi from the bus station in Chetumal to the border, walk across and get a taxi to the airport.
Any finer points needed?
Thanks

There is a service that will meet you in Chetumal and provide transport to the Corozal airstrip for a reasonable price. Their websites is: www.gettransfers.com The gentleman who owns the business is George Moralez and they are wonderful, helpful people. They have various options on transport from Cancun to Corozal. Very easy to work with. Hope this helps.

You can use Belize VIP Transfer Services www.belizetransfers.com Henry Menzies (501-422-2725 or 3415). I have used both.

Last edited by Inplub; 01/13/09 02:12 PM.
T
OP Offline
T
Problem there is that I cannot get the bus schedule from Playa to tell either Henry or George what Bus they will be on. They are young, they haven't much luggage, so wouldn't the taxi to the border be the best option. They know where they are going they just haven't been there yet.

Bus schedules from Playa are available on http://www.ticketbus.mx.com -- in any case, the transfer folks know the bus schedules.

But, yeah, the taxis to the border, maybe five bucks in pesos, I forget exactly how much, are an easy option. Go through customs and immigration, and maybe BZ$20 or $25 for a taxi into Corozal Town. Or bus for a couple of dollahs or so.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
treetops,
it sounds like your mind is made up on this, so I'm not sure what it is that you're asking. The "finer points" of hailing a cab? Do you want to know what's easier? To me, arranging for Belize Transfers to pick them up at the bus station and drop them off at the airport sounds at least as easy as trying to get a cab at the bus station and then find another cab at the border. Why can't you get a bus schedule? The ADO bus schedule is on the web, although the website is often temporarily off-line. One they get on the bus they have about six hours to phone a transfer agent and tell them when the bus is scheduled to get to Chetumal. Like I said, it seems like your mind is made up-I just don't completely understand your reasoning.

Now, if the kids have at least fair spanish language skills or they can find some other way to communicate to the cab driver, they should be able to get to the border crossing without any problem. Once through customs and immigration, getting a cab to the airstrip in Corazol Town shouldn't be a big deal, either. But when I travel I like to keep the "should be's" to a bare minimum, especially when I'm on a new route. Good luck to you.

Dan

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
You can also email Henry at [email protected]. They will need to get off the bus in Chetumal and take a taxi to Los Cocos hotel. Henry's driver will pick them up there and take them through customs and immigration in both Mexico and Belize, and drop them at the Corozal airstrip for $30.00 USD. In my experience, this is the smoothest, fastest way to get there. They may have a problem calling as some US phones don't work in Mexico or Belize, and the Mexico calling cards are a little tricky if you havent used them before. Dropping them at the border and making them go through immigrations and customs themselves, or having them go through with the entire busload of people can be a hassle. It is DEFINITELY worth the $30.00 to have Menzies do the transfer.

Change your Latitude
I took the ADO Cancun to Chetumal (US$24.40) on Wed 7th, came out of the bus station and took local taxi. Cost US8.00 to Mexican Border or US15.00 to Belize Border. Local bus to Corozal BZ$4.00.

Guess it just depends on how many times you want to move your luggage and get in and out of taxis.

Change your Latitude
Going back to Chetumal I use George Moralez or Henry Menzies. Last time from England I overnight in Cancun the time before then I overnight in Chetumal. It is hard to book taxis from Belize when you do not know your own times or when the bus will get in. I just gave the last information I had.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 337 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.