Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
hbooth Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hello! I am coming to San Pedro at the end of April for 2 weeks. I am trying to put together a basic idea of what I'm gonna do while I'm there. So...from the people who know...what are the top things I should see or do (feel free to include restaurants)?

Also, how much money should I bring? I've read that atm's don't accept American cards.

Thanks!

These are topics that have been addressed here many times . . . you might use the Search function on this board on such things as restaurants, ATM, nightlife, fishing, snorkeling. You will get loads of information very quickly!! You are gonna have a ball!! smile

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
First thing ya do when you get off the puddle hopper, is walk east to the beach, find BC's and have Ebbe or Oscar fix ya up with a beverage of your choice. Then everyday after, enjoy walking the beach, drinking at the *very* many and fine establishments and eat all the local foods - especially try out the street vendors for dinners. Everywhere you go, the people are super friendly, the food is fantastic and drinks are plentiful.

Bring all your money, cuz ya might just wanna stay forever!

M. Sjulstad
M&M Trivia - JAMPT UP Band
T
T
Must Do:

1. Ring the Bell at Pedro's

Pretty self-serving there, Tacoboy!! laugh

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
Breakfast at Estel's dine by the Sea
Night snorkel/dive at Hol Chan
snorkel Mexico Rocks, Tres Cocos, the San Pedro Channel, on the way to & from Caye Caulker, Shore lunch
Rent a golf cart for adventuring at least one day
Tell more about your interests and you might receive better answers and suggestions.
Money is depending on your life style & also a minimum gov't. per day used to be set.ie$100 US per day of stay.
Some like more money on rooms, some don't care much about rooms they are out diving/adventuring etc.
We choose cheap clean rooms on the beach and spend money on fishing, snorkeling & other adventures. Fridge in Room can save lots of $ on Beverages and snacks!
If you want to relax at your hotel then spend more there and do fewer activities.IMO
Belize it!

I hate to answer a question with a question, but if you need ideas about what to do, why are you coming to SP in the first place?

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
E
E
If I may add to your list margarita:

The Chicken Drop

BC's Sunday Jam

Sunrise on the end of the dock

Eat anything that Charles at Estel's puts on his gas grill

Dance on the bar at Wet Willies

Do nothing all day long but sit in the shade of a coconut palm with the NE breezes coming over the clear blue water to cool you while you read yet another Travis McGee novel with a cold Belikin within easy reach and enjoying a Cohiba.

Well those are some of the things I like to do.

God Bless The Reef!
A
A
Here are the things we've done and truly enjoyed.
Drive cart north and south as far as you can go without undue damage or geting stuck, great way to see lots of fun things.
Talk to locals and ex-pats to get advice on restaurants, TONS of wonderful places to eat and many very reasonably priced.
SCUBA, snorkel, walk the beach, walk thru "downtown" and absorb the wonderful village atmosphere.
Caye Caulker and ride the boat and day trip with the local guy that hangs out at the Lazy Lizard named Razz Creek.
Fishing either on the reef or fly fishing (haven't done the FF yet but hope to this coming week!)
On the mainland you have cave tubing, zip lines in the jungle, spa treatments at Maruba, rides up the rivers on cool fast boats, the zoo, climb and tours the Lamanai ruins.
I could go on but you get the idea. Come here and have fun!

Some of these folks didn't get enough fiber today, they're usually very nice. Be sure to come back now, ya hear!

H
hbooth Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks BJ, lol....and everyone else too! To answer one question....I have plenty of things that I want to do and plan to do. I know that I won't be able to fit everything into 2 short weeks...so I figured that I would get info about the top things from the people that have been there and make sure that I do them.

I have read a lot about San Pedro from different websites and blogs. I'm actually staying at Pedros...I've read a lot about it and it seems like a great place. I've also read a lot about Estels...and I'm really looking forward to going there. 1 day will definitely be dedicated to a golf cart trip.

Thanks everyone for your input and if anyone has any other ideas..please let me know!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.