Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#31895 11/28/00 11:39 PM
J
joycej Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi all....been reading your message board all evening...very entertaining! Does anyone know anything about the above mentioned resort? Beach side? Lagoon side? North side? They have promised that due to raking the beach everyday....there will be no noseeums. Having met these lovelies in Roatan, don't know if I believe that!

Stayed there prior to Keith. We stayed in the older Building , not the Condos. As we were gone most of the time we found it to be reasonable/cheap compared to the places close by. The condos are much nicer , and more expensive . Short walk to Cocconuts and Hideaway, even to town if you like to walk!
The staff was excellent and even partied with us. Cocconuts bar is excellent and so is Margie and David if they are still around!

M
M
Yeah! The noseeums "Flying Teeth" on Roatan suck big time. Are there really noseeums on Ambergris Caye or other parts of Belize? We stayed at Captain Morgan's and walked along Beaches but no noseeums. We also spend some time on Half Moon Caye and Long Caye and also did not get noseeums bites. I am talking about the tiny once you can barly see. Can anyone please tell me if Belize has these things too.

S
S
We have found that the noseeums are virtually nonexistent on Ambergris Caye, and even the mosquitoes are not bad, but in other parts of Belize...watch out!

http://www.roughwriters.com Smooth communications in all media
This resort is what used to be called The Playador.....should still be able to see it in the lodging section on this site. [Linked Image]
//ambergriscaye.com/playador/index.html

[This message has been edited by Sandshaker (edited 11-29-2000).]

L
L
I don't know where Suzan was at, but, we have a place north of town and the mosquitoes can sometimes outnumber the grains of sand on the beach. Plus they have refueling numbers painted on their sides! This is usually only after a wet spell though or if the breeze stops! Just take your spray and baby oil and it won't make any difference.....unless you have to fight them over a rare steak for dinner!

J
joycej Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks everyone....mosquitos I expect and even expect some noseeums, but it is always better to be sure rather than live in denial! I'll check out the website you suggest.

JJ

J
joycej Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Sandshaker....tried your suggestion, but the link/thumbnail took me no place, so guess they've taken it off the site. Thanks anyway.

JJ

M
M
Many (any) other resorts would be a much better choice.

Joyce....that is an active link......just click on it. I'm looking at the page right now. Don't know why you can't pull it up.
Try again [Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.