Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
P
For prefabs I'm sure the answer is yes. No idea for bespoke.

Plett's Homebuilders in Spanish Lookout would be a good place to start investigations.

S
S
what do you mean by "bespoke" peter????
we are planning on having a mennonite casita built on our lot south of San Pedro. The prices for the shell look pretty good (that's the Plett's construction), but there web site doesn't give prices for interior wall, toilet, sinks, wiring plumbing.
Anybody know what a completed one would cost (approx 20X24)?
Any info would be appreciated!
shushi

P
P
I thought I replied to your PM....? By "bespoke" I meant fully built on-site fro the raw materials, as opposed to "pre-fab"where large sections are manufactured off-site and transported there complete. If you want a house fully to your spec it probably needs to be bespoke, but if you can adapt to one of the pre-fab designs you can save a great deal of money. You can still personalise it a lot.

I have no ideas of the costs of either route, as I bought my house used and have never built a house from scratch in Belize. But there are lots of people who have. I know there's someone with a beach lot somewhere south of the Mosquito Coast who put a Mennonite pre-fab house on it and they're very happy with it. I just can't remember who it is. Why don't you ask Plett's if they can refer you to one of their past customers on the island?

Don't forget that regardless what items are included in the cost of the house you'll need to get services (electricity, water) to the site, and that could be costly.

S
S
Thanks for the info Peter!
We already have power (Boca Ciega area), water is still about 100feet away, but we plan on using a cistern. We have a full time neighbor who uses cistern water & has never had a problem.
I've asked our realtor for names of someone who can do the finish work, ie: drywall, cabinets, porch, etc. But if anyone out there knows someone trustworthy & does quality work, I'd love to get names.
Thanks all!
shushi

S
S
Your Mennonites can do a great job finishing your house..give 'em a chance.

S
S
Hey Jesse, We would love to "give'em a chance"!!!
Have you experienced their work?
What more can you tell me?
And Peter, thank you for the (PM) info about the pipes & concrete base. REALLY appreciate all the info people can give - PRICELESS!!!
Shushi

S
S
Hey Sushi .. Is it cheaper to put in a Cistern that putting in water even at a 100 feet away?

S
S
Good question! We are having our realtor price out the cistern. We should have him price the city water too. But with the cistern we would be "self-sufficient", and not have a monthly water bill. What is the average monthly water costs?
Are you the owner of the SandBar? When my husband & I were there the 2nd week of December, we visted (and "grilled")the husband & wife owners of the SandBar 3 or 4 times during our stay, while enjoying a Biliken. Is that you???

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.