Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
Hello all
I had the great pleasure of having oral surgery day before yesterday ( just as awesome as you may think) and when I told him I was heading to Belize in a couple days - the oral surgeon told me that under no circumstances can I bring the painkillers with me to Belize. Specifically, he said that I would be subject to criminal prosecution. AAAGH!
I have traveled to Belize a lot ( and through all of C.A.) and have never had anyone look at any prescription medication in my purse however this guy scared the hell out of me.
Should I really be this nervous? Thanks for any insight. Bernadette

When I travel, I put each days supply of medicines (Blood Pressure Pills, Pamprin, Suppositories, etc) in a baggie with the day written on it: this not only means that I may remember to take each days dose regardless of Belikin intake, but that they are pretty obviously medicinal if inspected

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
You can buy almost all drugs here over the counter. He does not know what he is talking about.

I would make sure the prescription is in the bottle with the label...with your name on it. If they need to they can check it out. If they want to know bad enough then they will have to pay for the phone call to check it out.

People travel all the time with their medicines. I think dabunk is right. He don't know what he is talking about...LOL

I'd have to have another suitcase for all my prescriptions! Hell, they'd probably lock me up!

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks very much for the advice. I was going to go without them and just deal with it ( although it would almost certainly ruin my naturally sweet disposition) so appreciate the feedback.

Absolutely if you are traveling and can provide a bottle with your prescription on it - do it.

Otherwise you can most likely be taken care of here - but we have been known to run out of the right stuff at the right time.

Make sure to snap a picture of you easily passing through customs for your surgeon so he can see the real deal.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

M
M
My stepmom lives in Belize and I just brought her down 2 bottles of vicodan in HER name. No problems here.

My husband hurt his back last year before we came to Belize and was on muscle relaxers and pain killers which he brought with him. No problem at all! As long as you have the prescription bottle with your name and info on it. We have never had anyone question meds as long as we have been coming to Belize or anywhere else in the Caribbean.

J
J
You really shouldn't travel with your prescription meds in anythng but their original containers. If you should have your luggage searched a plastic bag with assorted pills in it is going to be a big red flag.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 321 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.