Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Bwana Offline OP
OP Offline
Greetings! Long time reader, first time poster, great place BTW. I will be flying into AC in about a month and was wondering if there was a place to rent an ATV. I tried a search and didn't come up with any place. I was there last year and went the golf cart route, which was great until we got up north. My brother was there a week ago and claimed the road had degraded even more.

I figured if there was a place that rented one, I would do that, if not, I guess I will make sure to get a cart with the ATV tires and bring a life jacket. wink

Thanks in advance for your help, it's much appreciated.

Bwana Offline OP
OP Offline
I thought I would give this one more bump.

I take it from the lack of response, I better start looking around for a golf cart? LOL

Cheers,

Greg

I don't believe that you can rent an ATV, rent a golf cart with a gas engine [not electric] and all terrain tires, you should be able to make it quite a ways up north.

Reality..What a concept!
Bwana Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply papashine, that's what I did last year and will likely end up doing again. I just figured if there was a place that rented any kind of ATV, I would go that route, but I thought it would be a long shot at best.

Let's all hope that ATV rentals NEVER come to AC!

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
P
P
There was one last year, but it closed.

Originally Posted by Belize-N-Us

Why should we ALL hope? I certainly don't smile

Most if not all Golf Cart Rentals are not supposed to be taken north of Palapa Bar, and for those who choose Sundivers, Journeys End, Las Terrazas or any of the fine homes for rent north of Palapa Bar, a more sturdy vehicle would be a great and welcome alternative to a 2 hour wait for the water taxi.

I should also question if the term ATV is correct or if in fact UTVs (like a Polaris Ranger or a Yamaha Rhino) are what is being discussed here? If they are ever put into a rental fleet there is a good case for ensuring the vehicles are fitted with a governor to keep speeds below 20mph

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
S
S
Thankfully! Most of the time they were used to terrorize people on the beach.

Originally Posted by pugwash
If they are ever put into a rental fleet there is a good case for ensuring the vehicles are fitted with a governor to keep speeds below 20mph

Talk about oppressive government.

Originally Posted by pugwash
Originally Posted by Belize-N-Us

Why should we ALL hope? I certainly don't smile

and welcome alternative to a 2 hour wait for the water taxi.

I thought the isloation is why you northern folks lived / rented way up there. I remember someone here saying they prefered the water taxis and didn't want the road "traffic" up north.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.