Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sounds like a lucrative business.

Amanda, I liked how you said they were being sold to a new set of "livers". hee hee

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Hey, you gotta keep the dreams alive seashell.

J
J
I'm certainly no expert on such things, but I'm wondering if internet cafes are becoming obsolete. More and more people bring laptops, or other ways of accessing the internet. More and more places offer free Wi-fi.

Certainly from what I see at the local internet cafes they are not just a place to check your email while on vacation but also a place for teens to do their home work and for tourists to make connections with other visitors and create a travel buddy system.

I know we always debate whether or not to take the laptops on vacation. We only really want to check email, not much "work" so sometimes we don't bother. We only need 15mins of airtime to get our messages each day, and it is cheap.

When Steve owned Coconet Internet it was a fun place to meet your friends and hang out. I miss that.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
I'm always bemused by people who brag about how they "avoid brokers". Brokers are people, just like investors, sellers, buyers - some good and some not.
The nature of the service - if properly and honestly provided, is very helpful especially in a place where you are new and naturally face a learning curve. On top of that, the service is free unless and until you actually manage to buy a property or business at a price that YOU feel is fair.

R
OP Offline
R
I've got no issue using brokers for the many services they provide that I cannot do better myself. There is a reason these folks are in business, the service has a value.

I'm a little wary of purchasing businesses that have such a poor history locally of turning around and getting sold back to the original owners. It makes me question the true profitability of these businesses and smells like a scam. I've been told that these owners are good trust worthy folks, so I hope it's just a case of bad coincidence.

Thanks everybody for the feedback!
-Jason

T
T
I think that the viability of one business or another is a fairly easy thing to determine. In the case of the Internet cafes in question the turnover was simply because of improper management and or lifestyle. Just remember the one thing that will help you in your purchase here.

If you are moving here to get away from someone or something you will be in for a rude awakening.

In regards to the comment about brokers I also took offense. Instead of asking a bunch of people on a message board that you do not know at all and that might be completely incompetent, if you were working with a Real Estate professional you might actually get answers to the questions that you might not be asking.

Also in general Real Estate people here on the island know exactly what is going on with not only properties and businesses but also with the Sellers and the reasons and level of motivation behind the sale.

Not saying we are all great people but I am in the process of helping a number of people who also felt they did not need a broker. They are just trying to get their money back on some less then desirable investments.

Thinking that you can do it better, more efficiently and for less money then a professional is frankly the insulting (may be too strong of a word) portion of what you said.

Having said all of the above I think that you are at least looking at a decent business with a great location (first of the Internet cafes on the one-way street) and a great business mix. I wish you luck and maybe you will contact me when you buy your $1MUSD home on the beach.

R
OP Offline
R
Wow... needless flame.

I use brokers.

This thread is for a local's perpective, I engaged a RE woman months ago when I first took interest in Belize businesses. Each fulfills a different need. When I'm ready to purchase a business I will engage my team here in the US and connect them with a few choice professionals locally.

You're hurt feelings are your own fault for misunderstanding this topic and my posts. The correct place for such a response would be via Private Message anyway. I think the only people who would find this thread insulting are the fine folks on these boards who are always so helpful.

I can't imagine your post generating a desire for people to do business with you. Which makes me question why you posted in the first place.

-Jason

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.