Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#320144 - 01/23/09 09:41 PM Grand sale
Peter Jones Offline
I'm replacing some of my gear and selling the old. Shortly (in a few weeks) I shall have the following for sale:-

1) Two separate and identical external computer hard drive enclosures, with mains-sourced power supplies. Made in Germany (brand is Gericom) they are designed to stand vertically to take less desk space and maintain good cooling. Fed by USB2 and with two USB2 outlets. Four slots to read/write different formats of memory card simultaneously (including CF and SD). Hard drive inside each is a desktop (3.5") Hitachi 250gb hard drive. Drives have only ever been switched on and connected occasionally, as they have been used exclusively for backup. Perfect working order - I'm only replacing them as I'm getting a much larger e-SATA drive.

Offers from US$125 each.

2) One Canon S500 camera with Canon underwater housing. Camera has just been refurbished by Canon in the USA, including a new CCD/lens assembly, and takes superb 5mp pictures. Housing has been used once only (and was watertight) and is rated to 130ft. Camera comes with three rechargeable batteries and external (off camera) charger. Takes a CF memory card - a 1gb one is included. I am also including a leather case for the camera when in use on land.
I can show you lots of pictures taken on land and underwater with this camera and its predecessor housing.
Only being sold because I'm replacing it with a 15mp Canon G10 with its own underwater housing, and now I no longer run a dive centre I don't want to be awash in cameras!

Price for the pair (I won't split them) from US$225.

3) One Casio EX-Z55 5mp camera with Casio underwater housing. Actually a nicer camera to use than the Canon, but lower build quality and with marginally inferior pictures (relative to the Canon - they're still very good). Very easy camera to take good pictures with. Camera is in perfect working order except for one fault - I lost one of the screws securing the side. This does not affect use of the camera on land, but means that zoom is only partially available when the camera is in its housing. This has never worried me as I take all underwater pictures with the lens set as wide as possible. Despite this fault, which the camera has had for over two years, I have taken many hundreds of underwater pictures, and some of those have been published - it really does take good pictures. Camera has extraordinarily good battery life - I have done seven dives without recharging - so it's a bit redundant that it comes with several spare batteries! And an external charger. It takes SD memory cards (not SD-HC, so biggest you can use is 2gb) and I may include one. I sold a similar camera and housing a couple of months ago, and it's seeing intensive daily use at a dive centre elsewhere in Belize.

Again, I won't split them. Price for the pair from US$150.

4) Two identical 8.1mp Samsung Digimax L85 cameras. One is brand new and has never even been switched on, the other has been in use for about six months. Absolutely superb camera (it's the model Tacogirl uses for her blog, and lots of other people here also have them) with superb Schneider-Kreuznach lens normally only found on US$700+ cameras. Very reliable and robust ("traditional" appearance and nicely tactile), so long as you don't leave it lying in soft sand (Tacogirl) or go swimming with it (me). Takes very good pictures, and the best with onboard flash that I've ever seen. Sadly no underwater housing is available, though Tacogirl has a snorkelling bag she now keeps hers in on the beach! Unbelievably long battery life (several hundred pictures with flash), despite which I have some spare batteries. Charger plugs into the camera and takes a long time to recharge, so needs to be done when camera won't be needed for some hours. Uses SD card up to 2gb, probably included.
I may even hold back one of these as a spare, as they're now unobtainable and the replacement models don't come close in performance, nor do they have the same quality lens. But generally my G10 will replace them.

Brand new one priced from US$175, used one from US$150.

Contact me by PM. Note that most of these items won't be available until mid-February (when my replacements arrive).

#320155 - 01/23/09 11:13 PM Re: Grand sale [Re: Peter Jones]
Texican Offline
We take it you are in Belize.
If you are in the US you might round the asking price on up to 1K, donate the equipment, apply it to your tax deductions without explaining that you are replacing your old stuff.

#320162 - 01/24/09 12:21 AM Re: Grand sale [Re: Texican]
Peter Jones Offline
Thanks for the tip, which doesn't really apply here in Belize.

#320239 - 01/24/09 01:37 PM Re: Grand sale [Re: Peter Jones]
Peter Jones Offline
Both mains-powered hard drives are sold. Canon S500/underwater housing is sold.

I have also decided to sell a USB-powered 160gb pocket hard drive, though I may already have a buyer. Like the others, hardly ever used and mainly for backups. Price is from US$75.

I MAY also sell a similar USB-powered 320gb pocket hard drive. If so, price will be from US$100.

Note that all the time these drives are plugged in they're running so they should be disconnected when not actively in use, unlike the mains-powered ones which you can leave connected but turned off. Note also that these drives generically may not work with some older computers with a slightly low BUS voltage, but that can be verified before purchase.

I should add that although power supplies and associated cables are obviously included, I can't guarantee to provide data (USB) cables as I'm a bit short of them, though I will if I can and won't charge if I do. If I can't provide them they're easily obtainable at any computer shop.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 57 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,742 Topics
461,319 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.