Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
There is a long list of competent, efficient, business savvy attorneys here in Belize. Take note, in one way or another they are all related by birth, marriage, divorce etc - so if you aren't happy with one and move on to another one, don't bad mouth anybody until you know who is who!

Belize-n-Us - I think I had gone through a number of professions by the time I hit 30!! And yet we all end up on the same island. What a life.

AC, yes if your livelihood depends on the internet you might want to go with your own satellite dish set-up.

I haven't had any trouble with the btl dsl this month though!

F
F
How much does the satellite service run?

Island Films | www.islandfilms.bz
hmm not sure. Something like $2,500 US for the dish, another $2K or so to set up and then about $80 US per month.

Unless internet is your life, it is probably less expensive to go with btl.

Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
There is a long list of competent, efficient, business savvy attorneys here in Belize. Take note, in one way or another they are all related by birth, marriage, divorce etc - so if you aren't happy with one and move on to another one, don't bad mouth anybody until you know who is who!

Kudos Amanda! Now THAT'S the kind of info you need to know in a place like Belize, if you're gonna survive. AC listen to her. She's got some of the best advice you'll get. But don't bug the heck out of her and make a pest of yourself or she will kill me for saying so...LOL

I place my bets, given your profession, that the internet and it's Belize stupidities, will be your biggest headache. Probably some personality clashes along the way too. But if you want to be there bad enough, you'll make it happen.

P.S. don't tell Inplub who your attorney is...it's none of his/her business! Some people are just rude and too nosey! LOL

Good luck! blush

Originally Posted by A C
Originally Posted by Canam
If you have an internet company you should research the actual internet provider and the quality of service before making the jump (block VOIP etc).

I have, I think satellite seems like the better choice than btl, anyone else use them?

Depending on what you are doing online, satellite won't really work for you. Latency is very high so it's not suitable for VOIP, VPN or any UDP based traffic.

I intend to get BTL or Coral when I get down there and establish a VPN connection to my offices here in the US over which I can do my main work and also VOIP stuff. I will likely also have a satellite connection as a backup for when BTL goes down.

Originally Posted by Inplub
Why are you asking a lawyer based in Akron, Ohio about Belize, you have to go to Belize and talk to one there. I have tried several lawyers in Belize and they do not answer e-mails. No money for them.

My lawyer responds to email, though not necessarily very quickly. But within a day or two I always get a response.

Getting a referral to an attorney tends to help. An introduction makes it more personal. Can you say personal and attorney in the same sentence?

Dear Sand shaker I am not rude or nosey, I live in England and had tried several lawyers by e-mail. It was not until I came back to Belize and was personally recommended a lawyer by Amanda. When I phoned for an appointment it turned out I had served her years ago in our restaurant, I had an appointment the next day. I was only trying to help AC. In Yorkshire in England we ask what we need to know so we can then help people that need it.

I guess it was your approach...it didn't seem friendly or helpful. A lot of people don't like to give out personal information, especially when you are in a foreign country. If they want or need help they will go in search of it.

That was my only point. smile

Originally Posted by Sandshaker
I guess it was your approach...it didn't seem friendly or helpful. A lot of people don't like to give out personal information, especially when you are in a foreign country. If they want or need help they will go in search of it.

That was my only point. smile

I might be impolite or nosey by stating this, but I love the enthusiasm that AC has about his potential move. It's nice that most members of this board are helpful, but there are still those who instinctively assume the worst of posters who hope to live and succeed in San Pedro. Nothing wrong with saying you're jealous (so am I!), but why not help others achieve their dreams? Good luck AC (fitting initials, btw) and keep us informed of your progress!

mikeywaz
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 217 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.