Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A C Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone,
First off just let me say my friends and I are super happy to be a future part of your community. We've researched long and hard on different places to move to expat style and Belize has remained at the top of our list. We are looking for a place near San Pedro. 2+ bedrooms, or or as close to the beach as possible. If you know anyone, or sites I can look at to talk to someone please please let me know!

thank you!

I look forward to being an active part of this board and eventually the community!

AC

A C Offline OP
OP Offline
oh, btw Im moving from ohio, and there is 2 feet of snow on the ground right now!

How will you earn $$$$$$$$$$$ ?

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
T
T
A few of the Real Estate companies handle long term leases. There are also a few property management companies on the island as well.

I know that Three Palms Properties has a number of rentals listed on their website. www.threepalmsproperties.net

P
P
There's no shortage of suitable accommodation, but you'd better come here and see it before you choose. I can't tell from what you've already posted here and elsewhere - have you been here?

Actually I'm intrigued by something you said - what do you see as "expat style"?

A C Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Belize-N-Us
How will you earn $$$$$$$$$$$ ?

Me and my friends all have profitable internet companies. We continue to work often and long hours to keep our businesses growing. I plan to open up a local company too to help keep me busy and hopefully help with the community creating jobs etc.

Originally Posted by Peter Jones
There's no shortage of suitable accommodation, but you'd better come here and see it before you choose. I can't tell from what you've already posted here and elsewhere - have you been here?

Actually I'm intrigued by something you said - what do you see as "expat style"?

Sorry didn't mean to miss quote I simply meant expat/Expatriate/not living in U.S. Im just sick of the people here, the attitude, the everything should be given to me, in a rush, dirty, busy cities. Im a huge nature guy, love fishing/snorkling/scuba etc. I have visited, very very beautiful country. I like the laid back feeling everything there. It suits me very well. I dont pretend to know all there is about how easy/hard it is to live there or what comes with that. I just know I'm ready for something different and adventurous.

TacoBoy - Thank you I have found threepalms a week or two ago, have about 2thousand emails back and forth with them lol. Very interested in a couple of their properties. Once I get them narrowed down to a few I will be posting for peoples valued opinions.

Thanks everyone!

AC

C
C
If you have an internet company you should research the actual internet provider and the quality of service before making the jump (block VOIP etc).

I guess sooner or later the Belizean Government will address this issue of living in Belize and "working" via the net in their labor laws.

A difficult situation to police for sure.

I guess I'm just jealous that these "internet workers" get to escape local labor laws and don't pay local income taxes into the community in which they live.

Sour grapes for me!!!!!!!!

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
A C Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Canam
If you have an internet company you should research the actual internet provider and the quality of service before making the jump (block VOIP etc).

I have, I think satellite seems like the better choice than btl, anyone else use them?

I guess sooner or later the Belizean Government will address this issue of living in Belize and "working" via the net in their labor laws.

I guess I'm just jealous that these "internet workers" get to escape local labor laws and don't pay local income taxes into the community in which they live.

I plan on setting up Belize companies (talking to lawyers about it now) so I will be paying local taxes smile. Have to pay someone would rather pay the place Im living. I assure you we are looking to be a part of and help the community, not exploit it.

Aaron Christopher

Name your Lawyer

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 271 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.