Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#32137 - 12/06/00 01:22 AM 3 Days on AC w/small kids
Steve from Colorado Offline
We will be getting off a boat and have 3 days to relax in AC with a couple 3yr olds who love beaches and pools. Any suggestions? A kitchenette would be nice but might be un realistic. Mid feb time frame

#32138 - 12/06/00 10:43 AM Re: 3 Days on AC w/small kids
Debbie Offline
None of the resorts have baby pools or wading pools that I'm aware of, and I didn't notice any of the pools being gated, so be very careful. Many of the accomodations have kitchenettes. Click on the word Lodging above and do some research. There is a nice little playground in town, but I'm not sure of the damage done to it from the hurricane. Many of the beaches are not walk in type that you may used to. There are cement bulkheads along the water, and the beach is like a walkway. There is also sea grass in the shallow water. Most people swim off the end of their hotel docks, but the water is maybe chest high. Inquire on the board about the best beaches for playing in the sand for the kids. Others may have some suggestions....

#32139 - 12/06/00 12:29 PM Re: 3 Days on AC w/small kids
Jenn Offline
I always took the kids to play on the beach in front of Ramon's. Usually met up with other little ones and had a grand time.

#32140 - 12/06/00 12:31 PM Re: 3 Days on AC w/small kids
Big Frank Offline
There was a really cool wading area near the cut. the water was ankle high and there was even a swingset tin the water. I heard that the hurricane rearranged the area but it may still be cool.

#32141 - 12/06/00 12:48 PM Re: 3 Days on AC w/small kids
You might want to try the Palms, a condotel just a few steps north from Ramons. You can still slip in the water at Ramons, but you'd have a small full kitchen, etc.

(You are a brave soul)

#32142 - 12/06/00 12:49 PM Re: 3 Days on AC w/small kids
Barbara K Offline
Try The Villas at Banyan Bay. They are all 2 bedroom suites and are the only ones I know of on the island with a kiddie pool section.
Let me know if you need any help. www.barbsbelize.com

#32143 - 12/12/00 08:13 PM Re: 3 Days on AC w/small kids
Suew Offline
Don't miss wandering up to the Boca del Rio playground. My 4-year old loved the slides "going into the water"! Hopefully, it's in decent shape again by now.

#32144 - 12/12/00 09:48 PM Re: 3 Days on AC w/small kids
MamaLiz Offline
Last I heard the play area at Boca Del Rio was not useable. I wouldn't plan on heading back there. Stick to the hotels and the park in the middle of town.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 41 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,740 Topics
461,316 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.