Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Originally Posted by dogmatic prevaricator
hallucenogenics

A rhetorical question or an offer?

I still have a sheet of Mr Wizzard from the 70s, but I'm worried it may all have concentrated in whichever little corner I choose to nibble off frown confused crazy

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
what the worse that could happen? damage your brain? smile

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
I'm not so hedonistic as to risk such a great loss to mankind...besides, the pipe got my heart screwed up so I don't have a lot left to mess with frown

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
LOL
Well...I didn't know anything about 1984....I was busy having a baby...LOL

Y2K?....naaahhhh....never gave it too much thought. I was too busy with the hallucenogenics...LOL (just kidding)

Now 2012...uuummmmm....the jury is still out...I'm thinkin' about it. I think what I'm really thinking about is that I've been battling ovarian cancer since 2005 and if I can hold out till 2012 I can go with everybody else and not have to go by myself...LOL Selfish of me huh? smile

The truth of the matter is that God will do things when HE is ready and it isn't for us to know. I am happy with that.

it wasn't just the mayans that mentioned this date, several other cultures did too (including the egyptians). the interest all seems to be regarding the galactic alignment - when the sun passes through the dark center of the milky way - which only happens once every 26,000 yrs.

this upcoming astronomical event coincides with that date.

I'll ask my mother in law what happened last time smile

Originally Posted by sweetjane
when the sun passes through the dark center of the milky way - which only happens once every 26,000 yrs.

hmmm.... bringing back to biblical times, 26,000 yrs ago would put it to about the time of the great flood and Noah's Ark.

Guess I should start working on a boat.

P
P
Where do you get that timing from?

Do we really have to hear about this crap for the next 3 1/2 years? sleep

mikeywaz
Originally Posted by deadserious
Originally Posted by sweetjane
when the sun passes through the dark center of the milky way - which only happens once every 26,000 yrs.

hmmm.... bringing back to biblical times, 26,000 yrs ago would put it to about the time of the great flood and Noah's Ark.

Guess I should start working on a boat.

slam me if you must: creative as the stories may be - i do not believe one word the bible says, except perhaps its fine suggestions that i should not cheat, steal, covet or kill.

however, a great flood is part of history for more than one culture (inca, hopi, aborigine, masai...) which gives it a bit of credibility of actually occurring.

a more scientific theory is that a large meteor/asteroid passed very (too) close to the earth, messing with the gravitational pull, causing the sea to pull up (multiple tsunamis), amongst other not so nice natural events.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.